She circled the lake with all the speed she could. Maxima was glad today was a free day! She took a few dives and pulling at the last second. Maxima levelled up again and looked down at the forest, she could see a few thestrals roaming around and she could see a few ripples from the squid. She straightened up and took a deep breath in, it felt like she was on a rollercoaster, rising and rising till the peak. She looked around and smiled.

 Suddenly, Maxima let all the breath whoosh out of her and she flattened herself against the broom, going down as fast as she could. She could see students milling about in the background but Maxima didn't care. All she cares about was the lake getting closer and closer to her as she dived, the speed enthralling her like a siren and the adrenaline seeping through her veins like a drug she couldn't get enough of.  She pulled on the broom as she levelled out inches above the lake, her toes skimming the water, she tilted herself to lightly graze the water. Maxima smiled at ripples she made. Maxima slowed down, not speeding like a madwoman but fast enough for the wind to nip at her nose. She smiled and shook her hand to get rid of the water. Ripples indeed.

---

Draco sat in the great hall reading the prophet, idly wondering the arrest of Sturgis Podmore. A frame up to lessen the number of people on the side of the light, no doubt. Daphne and Millicent came up and sat in front of him.

"Good morning, where are Theo and Blaise?"

Daphne shook her head and she seized the paper in his hands. Millicent yawned as she took a piece of toast and slathered some jam onto it. "They're still sleeping. I mean, today's off.  I suspect many will take today to rest, enjoy or catch up on studies" 

Daphne set the paper down, "There's a bit about Sirius Black in London. Work of your father Draco Darling?"

Draco grimaced, "Don't remind me. The sooner I forget the better."

Theo took that moment to sit down, "The sooner everyone forgets the better, you mean."

Blaise sat down on Draco's other side, "I still am wondering why our esteemed Headmaster hasn't asked for a trial or anything?" 

Draco shrugged. That was suspect but he supposed Maxima knew more, he turned to ask but saw that she wasn't there. "Where's Maxima?"

Everyone paused. They exchanged looks. Did she disappear? Again? Daphne started to get up as did the rest.

Millicent looked up, "The sky is cloudy but it doesn't look like it'll rain anytime soon. Maybe later in the night, good flying conditions though." 

Everyone paused. Draco looked up. "She did say she wanted to fly as soon as she could..."

Theo grabbed a napkin and took some toast. "Let's go then."

They made their way outside, chatting about anything and everything. Draco enjoyed chatting with Theo and Blaise. Finally glad he was rebelling against his father, it was all thanks to-

"MAXIMA!!! OHMIGOD!"

Draco looked towards Daphne and then towards where she was pointing. As she shouted, Maxima was there rushing downwards towards the lake at a breakneck speed. Draco's eyes widened and he moved but before he could do anything, Maxima levelled out above the water. 

Draco's eyes widened. What. Just. Happened?

Theo whistled, "Damn..."

Millicent whooped, "Bloody Brilliant!"

Everyone ran towards Hagrid's hut which was where Maxima was headed. Maxima had a lot to answer for.