Chapter 16 Another Chance

Start from the beginning

"Huh?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I want to say sorry. I know you're tired of hearing it but still...I apologize." He spoke.

He seemed sincere. Hence, there's still hatred lingering inside of me. I did not respond.

"I missed you. She's nothing like you Aria. I regret breaking up with you. Will you give me another chance?" He pleaded.

He's out of his mind. After what he did to me, he's still hoping for me to take him back.

"I'm not a toy or your reserved girl. She cheated on you and you felt guilty. Now, you want me back?" I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"That's not what I meant." He replied.

"I say no. We're through a long time ago. I'm already inlove with someone else." I said with words of venom.

His face was screaming of hurt from rejection. Then, it turned to sinful glares. I had never seen him looked at me that way before. A few seconds after he walked away without another word.

I was still stunned that I didn't notice Vera calling out to me.

"Hey, you okay? You look pale." Vera asked.

"Yea, I got a little clostrophobic that's all." I lied.

"Oh..kay. We better get backstage. We're up in five." She informed me. I nodded and followed her.

***

I had butterflies in my stomach when Perry awkwardly introduced our band. We started off a bit shaky but the crowd had a great response and we got the hang of it. They were jumping and slamming to the beat. We completely rocked the house. My nerves were then at ease and I felt better. Especially, when I got the chance to sing the next song.

I particularly requested this song because it was one of my favorites. Also, it was also Ericka's. We used to sing this together. I was secretly wishing she would listen to the song and hope she got my message of peace. I had decided to do the right thing.

As I sang, everyone was singing along. It was a great feeling. I felt like I was floating. I poured my soul with every lyrics and tone. The music moved and possessed me.

I dramatically ended my song and open my eyes. I had expected cheers & claps but nothing had prepared me for what was about to happen.

Ericka ran up to the stage towards me screaming. I didn't get down the words because of crowd's reaction to her sudden outburst. Within a blink of an eye, she pushed me away and in came pouring down pink paint that splattered on her.

Everyone let out gasps and a few seconds later fell silent. We were all shocked. Ericka slowly crept up and the audience laughed at her. She turned red matching the color of her dress. Swiftly, she ran down stage and disappeared from sight.

I scrambled to my feet and followed her. It didn't matter what other people think. All I wanted to know was what really happened. Who did it? Why did she save me? Lots of questions kept popping inside my head as I ran down the desserted hallways. I wandered around and assumed that she was in the girls bathroom.

I pushed the door and summoned my bestfriend.

"Ericka! Are you here? Talk to me." I shouted.

"Go away!" She yelled from inside the last cubicle.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what happened back there." I announced.

I heard her sobs and sniffs.