Rex sighed, "....If we do, by some odd chance accept the offer, I can't promise I won't punch his lights out. Or his perfect teeth. Maybe I'll cut him up while I'm at it—,"

"Don't. I'm serious, Rex,"

"So am I," he said defensively. "I really do not like him,"

"I don't either. But some help is better than none," she turned around and walked over to Lux, "We'll clean up here, then you lead us to your ship,"

"Okay," Lux nodded.

Rex and Ahsoka swiftly gathered all their things and Ahsoka apologized for the furnace door. Rex's ankle was still sore, but it wasn't as bad. Once the cabin was up to par, he grabbed his helmet and Ahsoka put on her coat, then put on the backpack.

Lux was taking them through the woods, none of them talking. The only sounds were the crunching of snow and a few animal sounds and chirps. Rex was like a flame of anger next to Ahsoka. Every once in a while that heat would die down, but it would flare back up again. He had good reason to mad, furious even, but he needed to cool it. Lux wasn't doing anything bad. He was actually helping them, even with the past of him and Rex. Ahsoka was grateful, but she disliked the senator with a passion, she just didn't show it unlike her husband.

Rex put a light touch to her forearm, "Stay here, I'll be right back,"

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I'd use the 'fresher but there's none out here,"

She nodded, "Okay, we'll wait,"

Rex turned and jogged away from them, disappearing behind some trees. Lux turned to Ahsoka, "So. You and him still?"

She pressed her lips together, "Yes. And I'd prefer if we didn't talk about relationships. Rex is already wary of you, as am I, but he would snap your neck in the blink of an eye if you tried anything he didn't like." She shrugged, "Just letting you know,"

Lux slowly nodded, "I understand,"

Rex readjusted his codpiece back into place and started to head back to Ahsoka. He then heard something behind him, like feet crunching in the snow. Whatever it was, it wasn't very stealthy. He whipped around, unholstering his Deece, coming face-to-face with a Narglatch again. He gasped and was about to pull the trigger when the creature lunged and swept him off his feet with the swipe of a paw. He let out a grunt and quickly stood back up, aiming his pistol at it again.

The Narglatch snarled and grabbed his arm with its mouth and flung him, making him slam into a tree. He pulled himself off the ground and sat up, struggled to breath for second, but his lungs finally released and he gasped for air.

"Stop fighting," came a very smooth, female voice. The blue Narglatch slowly strode up to him.

Rex's eyes widened. It talks? He swallowed hard, "W-what are you?"

"That doesn't matter at the moment, but what does matter is that you and your friends are being targeted by another one of my kind. You have to leave this planet quickly if you want to survive,"

"That's the plan. But wh— I don't understand,"

The Narglatch seemed to melt into goo and it formed into a another creature. It looked like a small loth wolf, but black. Its eyes had an orange tint to it, adding a frightening factor. It sat on its haunches, "My name is Jammara and I am a Gurlanin," it said in its liquid voice.

"Gurlanin," Rex repeated to himself.

"We must get back to your friends and I will explain everything,"

"Why should I trust you?"

The Gurlanin let out a small chuckle, "You will do as I say, unless you want to perish,"

He sighed. He didn't have much choice. He stood up and winced at his painful arm. He holstered his blaster and looked down at the shapeshifter. What a strange thing to see, and her voice was oddly satisfying. Rex started to walked back to where Ahsoka was, still rubbing his arm.

"Sorry about that. But you were trying to kill me,"

"No, it's fine. I guess I deserved it,"

Lux and Ahsoka came into view and Ahsoka gasped. She stared at the sleek creature next to her husband. Lux slightly cowered behind her. Rex walked up to them and gestured to what they were staring at, "This is Jammara, she's a... a, uh,"

"Gurlanin," Jammara said.

"Oh. Oh," Ahsoka remembered hearing about these shapeshifters.

"Listen," said the creature, "You all are in trouble. I've explained to him-," she motioned to Rex, "-that you need to either go into hiding or get off this planet. To answer all of your questions, my brother, Caelat, is targeting you. He is the one who got on board your cruiser and caused everything. He is working for the opposing side. His goal is to kill as many of you as he can, and he won't stop until all of you, including this senator, are no longer alive. He is very dangerous and stealthy. Caelat most likely knows about the ship you are going to, and he has probably rigged it with who knows what. I am on your side, so please, let me escort you and guard you safely to the ship until I know it is safe,"

Ahsoka still had many questions. Why was it that when things seemed simple, a challenge always popped up? The fact that this happened out of nowhere put even more of a crimp in her day. She looked at Rex and he nodded at her. She blinked in reply and looked at Jammara, "If you are positive this is what is happening, then I suppose an escort wouldn't hurt,"

"Good, then let's go,"