Chapter 7 - Remembering

As I kissed Ink, I stared at him. He slowly opened his eyes and immediately realized what was happening. Blush quickly covered his face and he backed away. He was sitting on the corner of the bed while heavily breathing. I didn't know why but... I wanted to continue kissing him.

Ink: What the hell are you doing, Error?!

Me: Kissing you. Do you... hate it?

He went silent for a long time.

Ink: ... No, I don't. I was just surprised.

When he told me that he didn't hate it, I moved closer to kiss him again. This time, he didn't back away. When I let go, Ink curled into a ball and avoided direct eye contact with me. I could see rainbow blush covering his entire face. Why did a kiss make him so quiet and timid?

Suddenly, he stood up and walked towards the door. I gave him a curious look before getting up to follow him, grabbing my glasses and jacket. He exhaled a breath as he saw me.

Ink: There's no sense in arguing with you.

Me: Where are you going?

Ink: I am going for a walk.

Before he could push me back into the room like last time, I was already out of it before him. He shook his head and started walking. After putting on my glasses, I quickly followed him.

(Time Skip)

I trailed after Ink into a place called the "Park". I was looking around when I noticed Ink sit down on the floor a small distance away from me. He was looking up at the black ceiling. This peaked my curiosity. Sitting down next to him, I stared at his mismatched eyes. There was a small smile on his face which made me smile.

Me: Ink.

Ink: Yes, Ruru- I mean, Error?

Me: Can you teach me the surroundings?

Ink: Of course.

He started to point at several things. I learned grass, trees, the city, and flowers. Ink suddenly looked at me with an excited expression, causing me to become slightly startled.

Ink: I saved the best for last.

He pointed upwards. Looking up, I saw many bright things that I couldn't begin to describe.

Ink: That is called the sky. And those twinkling lights are the stars.

Me: I can't think of any words to describe them.

Ink: Beautiful. That's the word you're looking for.

He fell backwards while giggling. I leaned back to lay next to him. Adjusting my glasses, I stared at him. Ink had a smile on his face as he told me about the stars.

  Suddenly, he screamed as he was picked up. Quickly going into alert, I turned around to see the Contra guards holding Ink in their arms. The leader scientist walked out from behind them. I felt my well acquainted anger come back to me. I made one of my weapons.

???: You engage...

  He snarled as he pulled out a gun and aimed it at Ink's head.

???: and Agent Comyet dies.

  I immediately stood down. I couldn't afford Ink to get killed, I hated the thought of that.

Me: How did you find us?

???: It was pretty simple, really. I knew that you were growing a certain attraction towards Agent Comyet so, all I had to do was to find him. Conveniently, one of our guards spotted you and Ink walking into the park entrance. And here you are.

  He motioned towards the guards. They walked up to me and grabbed my arms. I felt them put bands around my wrists, which made my rage increase. Looking at Ink, I saw the fear in his eyes as they injected something into him. He looked at me.

Ink: Error.

  He quietly said before falling to the ground, no motion coming from him. I growled as I glared at the scientist.

Me: What did you do to him?!

???: It is none of your business.

Me: It is, dammit!

  I learned that from Ink. The scientist stared at me before moving his hand. The guards picked up Ink's motionless body and the others started dragging me back to the Contra building. During the entire walk back, I was staring at Ink. Fear grew inside of me as I was afraid of the worst possibility.

  As soon as we entered the Contra building, I felt a pain in my wrists. That's when I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  My eyes opened but I couldn't move my head. I was on my knees with chains pulling my arms outwards. My hands were covered, preventing me from making any of my weapons. The chains were connected to the walls, keeping me from moving even if I tried. I was in a paralyzed state, making me realize that gas was being pumped into the room.

  My mind remembered Ink and what they did to him. I continued to look over my memories of the artist, since it was the only thing that I could do. From the time he gave me a name, when he taught me how to smile, and when we kissed. Suddenly, I felt a unknown liquid start to fall from my eyes. I listened to the drops hit the floor.

  I thought about the possibility that he could... be dead. This made more liquid start to fall. It was to the point where it was creating tiny groups of itself on the floor. I wanted to see Ink again. I wanted to speak with him again. I wanted to kiss him again. I wanted...

To hold him

A Quick Discussion

Why am I crying?