Prologue

Prologue

 A loud crash echoes inside the middle class house. Curses and shouts pierce the 15 year old girl's ears. She stands beside an old dining table and watches her father. The man slurs and stumbles his words as he talks, it's obvious he's been drinking. His eyes are full of hatred and disgust as he gazes upon his only family left. Pointing a chubby finger at her, he once again reminds his daughter of how worthless she is. The girl tries to ignore his haunting words and forces the tears back. You'd think I'd get use to this, she thought. She turns to go out of her so-called "house" but he won't take that. The barbaric man unsteadily rushes over to the female body and pushes her against the wall. The smell of beer and cigarettes tickles her nose and she cringes. He yells at her, taunts her, tells her that she's a coward. She says nothing back and it frustrates him.

"Look at me!" He shouts in her ear. After not getting the result he wanted he slaps her hard. With a swollen cheek, she turns her head but makes no eye contact. He coughs then spits on the carpet and harshly grabs the pale thin face.

"It's all your fault! You should have died, not her. You killed her!" He pushed her on the floor and she let out a whimper.

"Get out of my house you useless bitch." The 46 year old man kicks her leg and she gets up quickly. Tripping over her feet she falls and bits her tongue. The girl mumbles "ow" and runs out of the house.

The hot suns rays hit her skin and she squints. Dusting herself off, the mans' words echo in her head. You killed her. You killed her. She knows it wasn't her fault. It wasn't her fault that her mother died giving birth to her. But after hearing the same words come out of her fathers' mouth for the past 16 years, she's starting to think. It was my fault. If I hadn't been born, she would still be here. The light blonde haired girl wipes a few shed tears and tries to compose herself. Whatever, she thinks. I don't need a father. I've been on my own for a while and I don't need anyone. She takes out her mirror from her bag and covers her new bruise with makeup. Then adds a coat of mascara to her grey-ish green eyes. The perfectly make upped girl winks at herself and puts the object back in her bag. She looks back at the house paid by her dead mothers money and pushes the fragile girl out of her system. A hard mask forms on her face, a mask that only comes off in front of her father. She smirks and thinks; time to make someone else's life a living hell.

Then makes her way to the high school only a few blocks away.

 --------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think! :)