xxiii. early xmas miracle

- george's pov -

- george's pov -

as i was sitting up in bed, i pulled my phone close to my chest before slumping down into my firm mattress once again. i just got off the phone with angel, asking her where she was because i woke up to an empty bed. it was strange to open my eyes and find myself awake on my own this morning. angel's small figure accompanying me on the bed seemed like a feeling i have known forever. so without her by my side, it seemed if not only the bed was empty, but i was empty as well. i tried to shake off the feeling, though; i knew she would come back to me soon. apparently my girlfriend was running errands to make me breakfast, she was always so considerate toward me so the thought made me smile. still holding my phone close to my chest, i held it over my heart in hopes that angel would call me back soon. as i felt my heart beat against my small, rectangular device, i felt my eyelids become heavy as i drifted back to sleep.

"love, love love!" a high-pitched chiming voice blasted through my ears.

i began to flutter my eyelids open from my deep slumber as i felt the weight of the bed shift onto one side. as i opened my eyes fully, i saw angel jumping up and down on my mattress like a child. i smiled to myself as i watched her pounce on the bed, since she was filled with energy. my small smile grew into a grin as i observed how cute angel looked this morning. i analyzed her as i recognized that angel wore the same black leggings she wore to bed last night, but her pants were accompanied by a grey hoodie that was too big for her own good. i squinted my eyes to acknowledge that the hoodie she had on was, in fact, my own. as my heart began to flutter to the sight of my girlfriend wearing my own grey merch, angel cheered once again.

"love! love! get up!" angel announced with a giggle. it was imminent she was super excited this morning as she jumped up and down on my mattress.

"i'm up!" i bellowed with a croaky voice before raising my palm to my mouth to let out a big yawn.

"okay, you need to listen to me. this will sound crazy... but i need you to pack a suitcase with roughly two weeks of clothes," my girlfriend quipped with a grin once she stopped pouncing. after composing herself, angel moved down off my mattress and stood at the foot of my bed with her arms held out; gesturing for me to grab her hand.

as i rubbed my eyes in attempt to wake up, hearing her words took me by surprise. "a suitcase? where are we going?" i started to inquire while throwing my blue blanket off my body and hoisting myself out of bed.

"it's a surprise," angel began as she grabbed my hand. with her fingers interlaced among my own, "just pack your bags with no questions asked," my girlfriend concluded as she squeezed my hand.

"you are acting awfully suspicious, my love," i remarked while giving her a puzzled expression.

"i am not! surprises are our thing, remember? our first date was a surprise! so let me surprise you this one time... please!" angel gushed as she made an adorable, playful pouting face toward me. she let go of my hand to making praying hands out of her own, almost as if she was begging me to accept her spontaneity.