#16 : Verdict

Mingyan managed to finish writing the rough draft of her book after two months of hard work. She named her book 'Regret of Chunshan' as a symbol of the two main leads' regret of not confessing their feelings for each other in real life. She promptly went to Chen MeiRong to give her the book for approval and MeiRong told her to come back after a week to know the final verdict.

Everyone on Xian Shu Peak was anxious throughout that week, Mingyan was the worst case of it. They all tried to console each other but eventually ended up getting more anxious. All they could do was wait for the week to end. The fate of their dream to help a misunderstood couple depended on this one thing.

Finally, Mingyan and Xiuying visited Chen MeiRong to find out the fate of their book. They walked into the office room like convicted criminals begging for mercy. MeiRong brought out the book and placed it on her table. "Is the Shen Qingqiu in this book the actual Qing Jing Peak Lord Shen Qingqiu?" she asked. "Yes." replied Mingyan. "Peak Lord Shen recently self-destructed to save his favourite disciple from a demonic sword." "Was the disciple Luo Binghe?" MeiRong inquired and both the girls nodded affirmatively. "That's very unfortunate." MeiRong let out a sigh. "I remember Qing Jing Peak Lord visited us some years ago. My father had requested help from Cang Qiong Mountain Sect to catch the Skinner." The two girls listened to her with all attention. "At that time a female disciple that was accompanying them, Ning Yingying was her name if I remember correctly, she was captured by the Skinner. And Peak Lord Shen along with a tiny teenage disciple got caught in its trap. I remember how this teenage disciple looked at his Shizun with eyes full of admiration, while his Shizun destroyed the Demon Skinner. He looked so innocent, like a little lamb." "I believe that was Luo Binghe" said Mingyan. "He never left his Shizun's side." She paused as the thought of Binghe's current situation crossed her mind. "Even after his Shizun's death he is not ready to leave his side."

There was a deep silence in the office room. It was broken by Chen MeiRong. "I read the entire book." she said. "I have marked the places that require editing in red ink." She looked at the two anticipating faces before her and smiled. "When can I get the first seventy copies of the book?"

The girls broke the good news to everyone as soon as they reached Xian Shu Peak. The weekly meeting held that night turned into a celebration. Tasks were listed and assigned to everyone. Xiuying took the responsibility of arranging the stationery and a bunch of girls were assigned to help her smuggle the goods into the Peak's premises. Most of the girls were assigned copywriting work since it would make a major chunk of the book. Qiaohui took charge of the illustrations and formed a group of designated artists.

The stationery arrived in about a week and everyone set to work. Days were spent practicing sword skills, completing assigned tasks and following Shizun's orders while the nights were spent in writing and drawing. Mingyan and Xiuying checked all the work for quality and consistency.

The illustrators found themselves in a bit of a pinch: There was no way to draw a young Binghe. Nobody could remember his exact features and if they drew as they pleased, it would be trouble to keep the drawings consistent when the story reached the point where he became an adult. "Here, you can use this." Chuntao said as she gave Qiaohui a piece of paper. Qiaohui was confused but she took the paper anyway. She looked at the contents of the paper and was shocked. "You want me to take this?" she asked "Yes, you can keep it." replied Chuntao. "Are you sure? You really don't want this?" Qiaohui was in disbelief. "If it helps you, I don't mind giving it away." Chuntao looked away. "... Thank you Chuntao." Qiaohui smiled. "Shijie doesn't have to thank me for anything." said Chuntao and sprinted away. The paper had a portrait of Luo Binghe draw by Qiaohui. It was the one she had painted for Chuntao after Binghe had disappeared at the Immortal Alliance Conference.