5

~January 1975~

The album was doing exponentially well. Looking over the record sales, Queen managed to sell a lot more copies than we projected they would've. Especially over in the United States, which was strange. I would've guessed that more people would've listened to the music over in England, considering that was where the band was from.

Reid had talked to Paul and I about a possible upcoming tour. He was thinking mainly in the states, which sounded exciting. He had already called the band, and they were ecstatic about the news. Reid was pretty sure he had heard Roger or John shriek like a little girl when he told them the news.

It was only a few weeks before the tour began, and Paul and I were tasked with working out contracts with each of the venues. Since I had been working at EMI for longer, Reid made me handle the venues he knew were difficult to work with, and gave Paul the easier ones. This was one of the times where I hated working at this job for so long.

"How's the dream team working out?" Paul asked as he made his way into our office.

"Good. Just have to make some more phone calls to the venues. By the way, are they staying in hotels at all, or is their sleeping arrangement going to be entirely on the bus?" I asked.

"That's all been worked out. Now listen, I want to talk to the both of you." He pulled one of Paul's chairs from his desk and placed it in the center of our two desks. "Now, I know we've already discussed and agreed that Paul should go on the tour. But right now, I've got a slight feeling that I think Elizabeth should join you."

Living on a bus with five or more men was not something that sounded appealing to me. I guess there would be a girl there from time to time. Just depends on if Roger gets lucky that night or not. "Oh wow sir. Could I ask, what changed your mind?"

"Well, looking at all the plans and such, I think you may be needed there from time to time. And although he's a hard worker, Paul can't command the respect and attention of the band quite like you do. No offense Paul."

"None taken."

"They seemed to have taken a liking to you, so I think it would be nice to have you there with them."

"What about all my work, my meetings, my clients?"

"Oh, don't worry about that Elizabeth. It's practically like a paid vacation. Just every so often, you may have to have a few discussions, or make a few phone calls."

I had been feeling awfully stressed from work. I never thought I would say it, but I think I've bitten off more than I can chew. Getting to drive across the United States, and attend concerts for free sounded amazing. By the end of the tour, however, I think I'll listen to Queen songs so often that I'll have to quit being their manager.

"Sure! What the hell!"

"Ah, great! I'll make sure to make some living arrangements and book an extra ticket for the flight. Paul, will you fill her in on important dates and details? Great! Thank you again Elizabeth!" Reid shot me a quick thumbs up before hurrying off towards his office.

Paul walked over to my desk, folders and documents in hand. "So, are you more excited for the vacation aspect, or the part where you get to be around Roger constantly?"

"Oh shut up!"

"If you wanted to be more discreet about it, then you should probably stop with all the glances and blushing whenever he mentions your name."

"Maybe he just always has stuff in his hair? Or maybe it's because my name sounds funny when he says it with his accent?"

"Now you're just digging yourself an even bigger hole."