➸ "𝔾𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕤 𝕆𝕔𝕖𝕒𝕟𝕤"

𝓦𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓷 𝓫𝔂:
@mycurrentfandom

✧・: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Everyone! Get to the main deck! We're close to the last known location!" Sarai screamed above the thunderstorm and crashing waves. She scrambled towards the intercom to alert the lower crew members onboard. "Group A get to the main deck." she ordered again. She quickly grabbed her wetsuit and made her way to the deck.

She met up with Ryder and Aunt Di, along with a few others. "Group B's already in the water and waiting for your signal to attach the nets and Group C is standing by the radar searching for heat signatures." Ryder announced. She nodded and called through her earpiece to commence attaching the nets.

"Dr.Zale stand by and contact me if Group C finds any large heat signatures." Sarai stated. A small chuckle could be heard from the other end. "Darling, it won't hurt to call me Dad on the mission." She smiled slightly and kept that in mind. Her group quickly went into their positions at the comms and looked through Group B's cameras as they worked. Sarai and Ryder scanned through the other locations and waited for any sign of the glass fins. It was af if everyone held in their breath in hopes to find the elusive creatures.

After a few minutes, no signs of changes were found. Sarai and the others were beginning to lose hope. She turned on the communicator to tell the others to come back on board but the boat rocked violently all of a sudden. Alarms were blaring as crew members began scrambling to get to their positions again.
"GROUP A WE CAUGHT ONE! I repeat, Group A we caught a glass fin." A voice yelled through the earpiece. Sarai couldn't contain her smile as she spoke, "Group B prepare the glass fin for inspection on the lower deck. She ran down the stairs to see the glass fin with her own eyes.
She stopped abruptly at the bottom of the stairs, she slowed her walking speed and made her way to the tank they held the shark in. The glass fin snarled and thrashed, trying to break free from its new prison. Sarai stared in awe of how its skin glistened different colors in the light. Which is why they earned the name 'glass fins'. Other members were testing samples and taking pictures to further expand their research. It seemed smaller than what they were expecting but they couldn't risk trying to get another.

The shimmering yellow shark began to hit the glass as hard as it could. Many crew members began to back away. But Sarai wanted to understand the creature. She studied too much and spent so much time learning about the legendary creatures to stop now. ​'It was calling for someone.'​ she thought to herself. In a sudden sweep of emotions, she understood everything the small shark was doing. She covered her mouth with her hand and gasped lightly."It's just a child." she breathed heavily. A child calling for its family.

'There's more coming-" Sarai tried to warn the others through the earpiece but was cut short.
As if on cue, the boat shook violently again. She slipped and hit her head on the edge of a desk, causing her to black out. But before she did, she saw the glass fin manage to fly out of the tank. Screams and alarms grew fuzzy and slowly were silenced as she slipped in and out of consciousness.

"Sarai get up! We have to go." She heard her name though she was half submerged. Her lungs suddenly emptied themselves from the water that filled them minutes ago. A pair of arms wrapped themselves around her and carried her to the higher decks. She slowly regained her senses and saw that Ryder was carrying her to their father. She smiled lightly and poked his chest.

"If we get out of this, you're never going to let me hear the end of it will you?" she chuckled before coughing harshly. He smiled weakly and held her close, "Yes. ​When​ we get out of this, I will never let you live it down." He reassured her. His earpiece gave a loud static sound before delivering a message. "Ryder! There's more of them coming. You take Sarai and Aunt Di to safety do you understand?" His heart stopped, Sarai could feel it.

"But dad-" He tried to sound brave for his little sister. "No Ryder, your mother needs at least someone to come back. I would prefer it be her children and sister." The voice was firm and stubborn. Sarai took the small receiver and gave a last message,"I love you dad." There was a long pause before they heard, "I love you too Sarai and Ryder." and nothing but static came again.

Another giant crash against the boat caused it to crack at the bottom. It's as if they were hunting them. They both began to run to the lifeboats. Multiple voices could be heard on different intercoms.

"​THE GLASS FIN HAS ESCAPED AND KILLED-​"
"​GROUP B DO YOU COPY...RETURN AT ONCE-​"
​ " B IS GONE. I REPEAT ALL OF GROUP B IS DEAD-" "THERE'S MORE COMING-"

The terrified screams echoed through the ship. Through the still manageable glass, you could see the glittering sharks through the scarlet murky water. Each color a different age, an entire family came to destroy another. Blood was covered all over the siblings' clothing as they swam through the flooding boat, barely making it to the top.

A sudden flash of a pale pink smashed between them and began to eat everything it's path. Both scrambled from the vengant jaws and climbed to the top deck where the lifeboats were located. Sarai ran ahead, trying to secure the boat for the two of them and saw that Ryder was no longer following. Panic filled her as she searched all around her trying to find him. More bumps were against the boat, as if the sharks were securing the bait.
"Sarai get off the boat now!" Ryder screamed from the pain in his side. He held Aunt Di close as she ran towards her. She pulled the engine string and waited for it to roar to life. Soon the small boat sped away from the blur of the chaos. Sarai quickly got the first aid from under her seat and began to bandage her brother, who stood silent. All that was heard besides the gnashing of teeth and flames of the boat were Aunt Di's quiet sobs. They lost so much in such a small amount of time it all seemed like a dream.

Only it wasn't. But this wasn't the end of the story. At least that's what they're hoping.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧