Ch. 3 A Heart Filled Confession

Rin's POV

Three months have passed sense the time of (Y/N) joining the school. His skill has grown faster then expected and our relationship has grown further. We started talking more and more after class, and now (Y/N) comes to my office to do his homework. We chat a lot now, and I've grown a bit of a crush on him sense that first moment after school. I'm not sure what to do with these feelings as having a student-teacher relationship could be seen as unethical and wrong. There are still thing I want to learn about him though. There are things that are still hidden deal within I want to know.

"This one is incorrect," I simply say pointing at his math homework, well I grade the homework from a previous day.

"Dang it!" He says erasing the equation. "I was going so fast I didn't even realize I did it wrong," he says out loud. He's quite the smart student, the only time he gets stuff wrong is if he rushes through or over thinks. "Finally done!" He says then stretching out. Something about that makes me smile, maybe it's the satisfaction he has or the cute face he makes well stretching... D-Definitely the satisfaction he has. "What are you doing now?" He says pulling his chair by my side to watch what I'm doing.

"I'm reviewing the current growth of our students," I say to him well I look over the elite class. "Currently I'm reviewing your growth," I say.

"O-Oh! A-Am I improving," he says getting nervous.

"Of course," I say then patting his head without realizing, causing both of us to blush. Of course I play it off. "(Y/N), do you mind if I ask something?"

"Go ahead," he says with a smile.

"What were your parents like as shinobi?" I ask him.

"Hmmmm. I'm not sure," he says. "They died when I was young."

"O-Oh, I'm sorry," I say not meaning to bring those thoughts to him.

"It's fine," He says with his usual bright smile. "Though from what I heard they were pretty skilled. My mother even had the same 7 I do. Their last mission from what I can tell was a suicide mission," he says, the room is silent for a bit, I don't want to interrupt is thoughts. He's debating internally whether he should tell me or not. If he should open his heart. "My first memory is of my last time seeing them..." he then explains practically his whole life to me, all from his lost friend to what he strives to be as a shinobi. "So... ummm yeah that's pretty much it." He says then rubbing his arm. I simply stare at him. He said much more then I thought he would. It's obvious his trust for me is high. I simply hug him. Never have I done that before.

"You'll make an amazing shinobi one day," I say to him. He tries to muster out thank you, but can't.

Eventually we start talking more. I tell him a bit about myself. How I used to be a good shinobi, and how much I've changed sense my high school years. I tell him about the crimson squad. My goals as a shinobi. Even my old name. I tell him about Daidoji, and how both of us have had a similar friendship at one point, though that eventually Daidoji and I reunited. Something about talking to each other like that built our relationship much farther, though what I say could be irresponsible as his teacher and a shinobi. I don't mind, none of us lied and we could feel it. We even promised that info stays to ourselves. Both of us left that room in high spirits.

(Y/N)'s POV

I get to my room and close the door. I immediately fall back into it.

Ba-dumb

My heart beats. It always does this when it involves Miss Suzune- or now Rin. I can tell my heart craves for her. She's my teacher, but I've grown quiet close to her. I never told her I was a spy. Within these three months I already passed my spy mission for this school. I told my teacher I'm gonna stay to train, but really it's because Miss Suzune. I just need to confess. I don't know why, but I called my grandmother. She always told me when it comes to women she knew best.

"Hi Grandma," I say. Immediately she gives me an earful of asking how I am, and how my shinobi training is going. Eventually we get to the point of where I wanna get.

"I can tell your worried about something," she says seriously.

"Y-Yes, I am," I say not surprised she read me instantly. Both my grandparents, though retired, are amazing shinobi. "I'm interested is this girl."

"There's more to it then, 'this girl' is there," she says right on the nose.

"Y-Yeah... she's my teacher," I say nervous.

"Haha! Of course," she starts laughing. "Where have I seen this before? Oh right your father!"

"My dad?" I ask confused. They never told me about my parents relationship. They always said 'in time we will tell you' and I guess this is what they meant.

"You're father, when he was training to be a shinobi, instantly fell in love with his teacher, your mother, he said right as he saw her eyes. Maybe it was that lucky 7 she had," my grandmother giggled. "He played the patient game, and got close with her first. He always said 'If you're gonna ask out your teacher you gotta build a relationship' something about there is no asking a teacher out right away and saying 'It was love at first sight even though I don't know your name' he said. He'd always joke about it. But your parents were madly in love," My grandmother said. You could hear in her voice that she loved them both so much. "So, would you say your close?" My grandmother asked me.

"Yeah," I respond thinking about all that we said to each other today.

"Then what are you waiting for? You don't want her snatched up by another shinobi," she says giggling.

"Thank you grandma," I say. "I mean it!"

"Of course," she says. "I love you, and make sure the next time you visit you bring this teacher," my grandma teases.

I make my way to where I think Miss Suzune would be. I find her making her way home. I had to learn to pay attention to where everyone roughly was during the day to get the most information I could easily without getting caught. This is the time usually Miss Suzune leaves to go home.

"Miss Suzune!" I call out to her. She turns around to look at me.

The view is beautiful. Miss Suzune- no Rin, shines with the night sky. The water by the school reflects the night sky. A gust of wind flashes by. Her hair goes in front of her face, she blocked it from going into hers eyes. Her beautiful red eyes take my attention, just like when we first met. For some reason I'm not nervous. She knows me. When the wind passed by it was like my parents and Genki were telling me I had this in the bag. I stare right at her eyes.

"Rin," I breath, I think the 7 in my eye activated because her eyes widened a bit. "First before I say what I need to say, I have to tell you I was a spy for my old school this whole time. I'm still a good shinobi and never changed. I don't belong here. But my time here was amazing," I have to say this before I confess. I need to open my full heart to her, even if it goes against my mission. "Before I go back I have to confess one last thing. I like- no. I love you."

Silence.

A small smile appears on her face. "That's why you came to this school. I was right, you are an amazing shinobi," she says she looks at the night sky. "Do you truly love me?" She says looking at me, her face goes red, something I've never seen on her, it's cute.

"Yes," I say serious.

"I'm glad," her smile becomes a gentle one. "Because I feel the same way," she says putting one of her hands over her heart.

Pure happiness fills me. I don't know what to do. We instinctively run towards each other. Like our hearts had a gravity of there own that forced us closer. We went into an embracing hug. We held each other as if something was trying to pull us apart.

"You don't care I'm your teacher?" she asked. I can't muster words as tears filled my eyes from the immense happiness I felt. I gave her my heart and she only made it grow, and never brought it down. My trust in her was a good choice. 'Mhm' is all I could muster. "Then I'm yours forever," she says which just made the tears I was holding back fall from my face. "I love you," she says to me.

" I love you too," manages to come out of my mouth, though very mumbled.

I finally found someone, that my heart can open to.