Ch. 2 Questioning

(Y/N)'s POV

After my first night of rest, I head to see Miss Suzune.

"Why were so many people watching me last night?" I say to myself, feeling people's presence off and on all night.

I go to the teacher's room and immediately greet her.

"Ready for you first class?" She ask me simply.

"Yes ma'am," I say to her. She then simply smiles in return.

"Hello class," she says walking in as I follow. "Welcome our new student (Y/N)," Miss Suzune then looks at me.

"Thanks for having me," I say with a bow. Immediately whispers are across the room. Only a few students don't seem to mind, one of which is Miyabi. Though confusion strikes me as to why this class has first, second and third years, I chose to ignore it as my original school did the same. "I guess it's just a shinobi thing," I thought to myself.

"(Y/N), you may sit over in the back, next Ryobi," I walk over to the back desk that has a window next to it.

"Of course," I whisper to myself thinking about the main protagonist troupe being in the back by the window.

"Pervert," I hear scoffed obviously towards me. I look over to my right seeing the brown haired, flat chested, girl sitting next to me. She has a face of disgust. Another girl with blonde, messy hair waves towards me with a face of happiness, to which give an awkward wave back unsure what to do.

"Ryona, don't wave towards the pervert you stupid-" Ryobi was cut off.

"Ryona, that language has no place in this class room," Miss Suzune says. "Now let's start our lesson. Today we'll be talking about clans."

I notice the girls have matching eyes. Must be twins or something. Though they look nothing. Even down to their- Nope! I immediately snap my focus back to class. I don't want to get in trouble or be called a pervert for looking at the girls.

"Some obvious signs of clans are hereditary genetic traits. Such as imprints on eyes or maybe even abilities only people in that clan can use," Miss Suzune states to which I immediately touch my right eye that has a 7 right around the pupil. The 7 looks like a 7 straight out of a slot machine.

Eventually Miss Suzune's class finishes. We do our training and have lunch. Eventually a bit more classes pass. I go back to the classroom where and sit where my desk is. I pull out the homework given to us and start working.

"Oh! (Y/N)!" I hear a voice. "What are you doing here?" It's Miss Suzune.

"O-Oh! I'm doing homework!" I say getting nervous.

"You know you can go back to your room, right? You don't have to do it in a classroom," she states.

"I know, but I've always loved the classroom setting. Something about it helps me focus yet calm at the same time," I say looking out the window. Hebijo has a beautiful view.

"Interesting," she says then pulling a chair in front of me and sits down. I immediately blush as she gets close to my face and looks at my eyes. "7. What does the 7 on your eye mean? It looks like something straight out of a casino."

"It's something from my clan I guess, like you stated earlier," I say to her which peeks her interest. "My grandfather says the first shinobi to start our clan was obsessed with gambling. He knew all the in's and out's of it and always won, after a mission, he'd find some where to gamble his money away. He always knew he'd win, and always made at least double from when he left. One day though he saw a machine. A slot machine. He was instantly interested. It was the first time he lost a gamble. He frustrated him day in and day out. After every mission he would gamble his money on his usual stuff then go straight to slots and waist his money. Eventually, one day, after months of trying he won, but his prize wasn't money. His right eye got branded with a 7. He didn't know what it did, but he instantly became a lot more skilled in combat. He could take a lot more risk and chances in battle with a great outcome. It only worked every once in awhile, so he had to be careful on it's activation. After that every once in awhile, people on the bloodline would get the 7 on their eye. Apparently my mother had it, and now I have it. Though, I don't really have it mastered yet," I say then realizing I rambled I blushed, but Rin just seemed more interested.

"Interesting," she says out loud. "So tell me about yourself," she says immediately switching the topic as if everything I said didn't matter.

"Ummm, like what?" I ask confused and a bit nervous.

"Let's start simple, talk about your friends and family," she said.

"I'd prefer not to talk about that stuff. I apologize, but we have only known each other for a day," I say scratching my head.

"That's alright I figured that was gonna be the answer," she said. I get suspicious. She's curious, she might push more and try to find why I'm here. I'll play the honesty game, I don't know how skilled she is. "What was your old school like?"

"It was a lot of fun, and pretty chill. The teaching was strict, but the teachers still loved and cared for us. I've gotten a lot stronger sense I joined," I said thinking about how I miss everyone already.

"Then why transfer?" She pushes more.

"To grow further," I say. "Only so much you can do sticking to a school of good shinobi," I say. Part of that was a lie, but hidden in truth.

"What do you think about me?" She ask leaning in further, causing her chest to show. I blush a little bit, but then gain my composure.

"I don't know much about you, but I can tell you're a great teacher and a powerful shinobi," I respond hoping that's an adequate answer.

"You're hiding something," she says with a serious face. I knew it she was onto me this whole time, and she used this as her way into my mind. She's truly a powerful shinobi. "What are you hiding?" She asks with a skeptical look.

"I think your beautiful!" I blurt out without thinking. I immediately bite my tongue knowing I made a mistake.

"Y-You think so?" She asks having a sudden change of character. She then starts blushing, and playing with her hair a bit. I then nod as I'm to nervous to answer. "I-Interesting." She says then getting up. "One last question," she says before opening the door. "Why are you at a school for evil shinobi, if you have no ounce of willingness to kill? Why do you have good shinobi written all over you?"

"Why do you suppress a part of yourself deep down?" Shoots of my mouth. It was a feeling I had about her sense this morning. My question has no hidden meaning behind it. It's the only answer my mind can shoot out.

Silence.

"Interesting," she says quietly. "Have a good day, (Y/N). I'll see you tomorrow." She says then leaving the room.

"Gah!" I say immediately slamming my head on the desk. "I TOLD HER SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL!" I thought to myself and cover my face with my hands.

Rin's POV

I immediately go to my office and sit down. I simply take a breath in and out.

"He called me beautiful!" I say out loud to myself as a blush forms onto my face. "I just wanted to learn more about him and clear any suspicions I had of him, but this doesn't help!"

Ba-dumb

"W-Why does my chest feel like this," I say gripping onto my shirt. "Is this... what I think it is?"