"And here we have a picture of what experts expect Scarlett to look like now." the presenter announced. Even though it was supposedly me a year ago, it still looked similar to how I looked now. I turned to Alex to find him glaring at me.

"I have to go" I choked out and fled the house.

"Scarlett wait!" I heard Alex yell, but I kept running. It was raining heavily, and I pulled my hood up. At least I'd thought to grab my coat. I ran for 10 minutes, before ending up at the cliffs. Lightning lit up the sky occasionally, and I could see the ocean bashing against the white rock. I felt tears roll down my cheeks, and I stared up at the dark sky. The wind whiped around me, and my hood fell down. I was ssoaked through, but I wasn't cold.

"Scarlett. Don't you dare jump." I turned around to see Alex. He wasn't wearing a coat, only a blue t shirt.

"I wouldn't." I said, taking a few steps towards him. "It would destroy them."

"Destroy who?"

"My parents"

"Well surely it would destroy anyones parents." he said, confused.

"Mine would be worse though. They already lost me once." I said quietly.

"Come back to my house. Please." He held out a hand, but I ignored it and began walking back the way I came. I heard him jog up beside me. We walked in silence for a while, before he finally spoke. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I mean you're obviously not her. It would be all over the news." More tears escaped my eyes, and I didn't answer him. By the time we got back to his house, he was shivering violently.

"You shouldn't have come after me. I said quietly, once we were inside.

"Pr-probably n-n-not." he said, shaking. I walked through his house, searching for a blanket or something. I put it on the couch, and walked back out to the hall.

"Go and have a shower. Wheres your room?"

"F-follow me." he walked up the stairs and I followed, close behind. He was still shaking as we walked into his room. It wasn't too messy, just a normal teenagers bedroom. He sat down on his bed, closing his eyes.

"Are your parents home?" I asked, not wanting to be forced into conversation.

"Th-they won't b-be b-b-back for another week." he said slowly. I grabbed the duvet off his bed and dragged it downstairs. I heard water running and smiled a little. I peeled my coat off, and took it thorugh to the kitchen. I turned on the tumble dryer and put that and my hoodie in there. I found some hot chocolate mix in a cupboard and made some for myself and Alex. I heard the water of the shower turn off and I went to sit on the sofa. I turned on the tv and put it on some girly film. I sat there, not really listening to the words just staring. I didn't even know what it was called. I heard a noise from the doorway and looked up to see Alex stood there. He was still shaking, but not as badly now. I moved over on the couch and gave him the duvet. He sat down heavily, sighing shakily. He looked at me.

"You're still wearing your wet clothes." he said. "You'll get ill." I shook my head. I guess living in ridiculous conditions for 5 years had an upside. My immune system was pretty good, and I didn't think being out in the rain would make me ill.

"I made some hot chocolate" he took a mug gratefully, and took a gulp. I don't think he cared how hot it was- he would probably have drunk lava if he thought it would warm him up.

"Go get changed at the least, if you refuse to have a shower." he said.

"Into what?"

"Grab a t shirt from my room. I don't mind." I nodded and made my way into his room. I peeled off my soaking jeans and t shirt, and pulled on a big red shirt I found in a draw. It came down to my mid thigh and hung off me. I went through to the bathroom, and ran my fingers through my hair, getting some knots out. 5 minutes later, I returned to the living room, to find Alex flicking through channels. He eventually settled for some action film, and I sat on the couch next to him, hiding my legs under the t shirt. I found myself yawning, repeatedly.