shopping | asta

A/N: I realize everything I've written follows my top love language: quality time. I'll try to incorporate other things haha. I also write more than I thought I would. Other oneshots I've seen on wattpad are shorter so I feel kinda bad. Let me know what you think!

word count: 2341

——————————————————————

When we got our first paycheck for being Magic Knights, Asta nearly lost his mind. Money like this definitely would never have graced his pockets in his lifetime if he stayed home in his village. Sure, he could do some work and save up and get there, but he wouldn't have gotten one paycheck that had anything close to what being a knight was being paid biweekly.

Asta was freaking out; he was running all around the base yelling and occasionally shedding a tear. All this ruckus attracted a few members of the gang. "Asta-kun, why are you-" Finral starts to ask the hyperactive boy before Asta almost slams into him, shoving the paper in his face.

"Finral-senpai! I'm rich!" Asta screeches, grabbing his senior and shaking him around. Finral groaned while he was violently shakened while the energetic Luck appeared and started laughing like the maniac he is.

"Now now, what's all this?" I pipped up, emerging from the kitchen. I was helping Charmy with lunch when I heard Asta screech, but honestly I thought it was the usual daily screech. It wasn't until I heard Luck's laughing when I decided I should probably butt in before someone gets killed.

Asta spun around with a glint in his eye, running up to me to also grab me by my shoulders, a lot gentler than Finral's experience. "I got my first paycheck and I'm practically rich, (Y/N)-chan!" He beamed excitedly. I raised my eyebrows while chuckling. I grabbed the crumpled paper from his hands, expecting he gained a fortune or something.

It actually wasn't as much as he made it seem, but I would imagine this was something substantial for his family back home. As a commoner, this was a big amount for myself too, but Asta hyped me up to think he was rich. I handed his check back while patting his shoulder. I wouldn't tell him it's not much; this meant a lot to him.

"Good job, Asta-kun!" I cheered. He couldn't wipe the smile off of his face the entire time I was looking at the thing. He relaxed and immediately pursed his lips, beginning to pace the area in front of me. "Thanks (Y/N)-chan, but I'm not sure what to do with all of this money. I'll probably buy some stuff for Sister Lily and everyone back home, but..."

Asta was such a good guy. Even though he's moved to greener pastures, he never forgot where he came from. "Well, obviously you can save money." I laugh. I move back into the kitchen, waving at a clearly busy Charmy. That woman was directing her sheep chefs how to cook a new dish and she paid us no mind. Finral and Luck also seemed to be engrossed in their own conversation, so it was just Asta and I discussing funds. Asta follows me and sits on a stool near the counter.

"True. I knew I could always talk to you about these things-"

"It's really not that complex." I interject, putting a few dishes away into the cabinets. He shakes his head.

"I meant I can always talk to you about something I'm not sure about and you'll give me a good answer!" He explains, nearly bouncing on the stool.

"If you say so!" I hum. I felt genuinely flattered by that. The stool creaks from his movements. "Also you might want to calm down a little before you fall backwards and bust your head open."

He starts to chill out a little but I can tell he's still pumped. "Are you free after this? I want to go to the capital and see what I can get for my family back home." The ash blonde asks.