Untitled Part 1

John walked into the room with a glass of apple juice for his best friend, Dave. “Thought you might want some.”

     Dave took the glass from his hand. “You know I’m always down for that, yo!”

     It was silent for a moment. John spoke up. “Dude. Let’s go to the Milky Way.”

     Dave’s shade gleamed. “Dude,” He adjusted his ever-present aforementioned article. “Let’s do it.”

     He then proceeded to magic them to the Milky Way. “Dave! This is AWESOME!”

     Dave was as cool as ever… Maybe too cool. “Yeah. I could probs throw down some sick fires about it, I guess.”

     There was a gleam in John’s eye. “Did you know that the Milky Way is 90% dark matter?”

     “John. Why on earth would I know that? More importantly, why do you know that?”

     John continued without pause. “Did you know that the Milky Way is a cannibal?”

     He facepalmed. “No, John. Why would I care if- Wait,” He lifted his face from his hand. “What?”

     “Yeah! It ate other galaxies to become as it is today!” He grinned. “Isn’t that cool!?”

     “Why would I care about that?”

     “Because,” John drew closer and whispered into Dave’s ear. “Everything you’ve ever known is a lie. All those pictures you’ve seen of the Milky Way? They’re all lies! There has never actually been a picture taken of the Milky Way. That’s impossible to do from within our galaxy! Those were all pictures of different spiral galaxies or a skilled artist’s rendition!”

     “John,” Dave’s face turned completely calm. “You’re a nerd.”

     “No, Dave.” He turned his face skyward. “I’m a prophet.