three

elle

I wake up with the worst headache and the sun shining on my face. Grunting, I roll over, snuggling back into my duvet and attempt to fall back asleep again...only to be waken up again, 5 minutes later; of course. I slapped whatever was vibrating on my face to make it stop, but it didn't. I sat up to see my phone where my face was, the screen illuminated by a call from Ellie. Wouldn't she just leave me alone?

I snatched my phone, ripping the back off the blackberry. I know, shitty phone, it was a hand down okay? I pulled out the sim card and battery, putting the sim card on the bedside table and bringing the battery to the window with me.

I looked outside of a decent view of Birmingham. From where the house was, I could see alot. Council flats lay further down the hill and across the street, the road littered with rubbish and old childrens toys and in the distance, the city centre. I had to applaud Jenni and James for choosing a good estate to live on.

I pushed the window open, popping my head out to see if there was anyone that could see me. Seeing no one, I chucked my battery as far as I could across the road and started to pull the window shut behind me. I suddenly stopped when a loud sound erupted from the other side of the street.

'OW' Someone yelped.

Shit.

'Oh god, sorry, did I hit you?' I couldn't help but laugh. What a shot.

'Um, yeah, you dickhead. Why were you throwing a battery out a window anyway?'

'None of your business is it?' I said to the boy staring up at the window, while he attempted to keep his brown curls from falling over his eyes, thanks to the wind.

'Jesus, sorry. Next time I'm walking down the street, I will watch out for flying batteries.'

'Okay, you do that, asshole.' I said, shutting the window fully this time.

People got on my nerves quickly, if you hadn't already noticed. I suppose that's why people don't really make an effort to be friends with me most of the time. Unless I like you, or you're family or whatever, I don't really bother showing my nice side. I suppose I should change that.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knocking at the bedroom door.

'Is everything okay in there?' James spoke from the other side of the door.

'Um, yeah, just singing along to my song'

'That's quite a shouty song you're listening to. Anyway, breakfast is in 5 minutes. We're going to the town after breakfast so be ready for then yeah?'

'Okay, whatever' I replied, earning a laugh from James. I think it might take a while for James to get used to my morning attitudes, I wasn't a morning person.

I zipped open my suitcase to reveal all my clothes and toiletries I own. It was pretty cool how I managed to pack it all, to be honest. I chose a black halter-turtle neck top, a grey skirt, black tights  and my white converse. My attempt to look smart in this cold weather.

I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and did my usual minimal makeup in the mirror above the bed. After I felt I looked presentable, I grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs.

'And the teenager awakes' Jenni said giggling as she flipped some fried eggs from the pan onto the plates. I thought I smelt something good.

'Morning to you too' I laughed, punching Jenni on the arm as I took a seat at the breakfast bar of their modern kitchen.

'I'm guessing you're not a morning person' James laughed.

'You guessed correctly' I smiled as I took my first bite of egg. I hadn't properly eaten breakfast in a while and this felt good, I had to admit.