Part four: First contact

In 2499, an unknown alien fleet appeared in orbit above Chau Sara. Moments later, the ships incinerated the planet using energy beams, killing all life on the planet. The new aliens, called the Protoss, turned their fleet towards Mar Sara. The confederates launched a counter-attack that failed to stop the aliens. Mar Sara went into a full lockdown, and general Edmund duke hired a new commander to bring the colonists to the wastelands for safeguarding. Along the way, marshal Jim Raynor assisted in bringing the colonists to  the wasteland. In a last effort to make use of the planet, The confederacy deployed the psi emitter on Mar Sara, to see if the Zerg would be attracted to it. Later, in the wastelands, Raynor received a distress signal from the nearby colony of backwater station. When he and his forces arrived, they found that the Zerg had already taken control of the station. Raynor ordered his men to destroy the infested command center to hinder the progress of the Zerg. However, general duke arrested Raynor for destroying the command center. The confederacy continued to avoid action against the Zerg, instead, they observed the Zerg in action. Raynor and his men were liberated from the prison by the sons of Korhal. The confederates evacuated Mar Sara, allowing Reynor to steal data discs from the confederates for Mengsk.