Ending without a bang

Start from the beginning

"Sorry-" he yelped when Medix applied something to the injury.

Cynder continued.

As before, there wasn't much going on. She ended up just trotting along through the halls for an hour without anything else happening.

She decided to go outside, Boulder had just finished a garden and told the recruits to take a look when they had the time.

She made her way out, squinting from the sun. It was a warm day, warmer than average.

Cynder smelled flowers and assumed it was Boulder's garden. She followed the scent and came to a beautiful open area covered in multicolored flowers. She admired them for a long while. Where she lived with her mom there weren't any flowers like this.

She exhaled deeply, closing her eyes and laying down. She may have lived where it snowed a lot but she sure did enjoy the heat of the summer.

She relaxed, spreading her wings to soak up as much of the sun as possible. She looked like a feathery pancake tbh.

She felt like a reptile, laying in warm rocks and basking in the sun. The blue of her feathers glowed softly, showing she was relaxed.

It felt like she was only out there 3 minutes before someone came barreling through.

"aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

Wedge flew right over her, screaming like a madman.

She yelped, feeling lucky she was already so close to the ground. Wedge crashed into some trees.

Cynder growled at him and went to where he had fallen.

He was a bit confused and wobbly but other than that he seemed fine.

"where am I...?" he asked, rubbing his helm. Cynder stared at him, unamused.

"What?"

She kept staring at him.

"If you're wondering what happened, well, I don't know."

Cynder groaned and went back to her spot.

"Hey! I didn't want to be yeeted across the universe! Don't be mad at me!" He followed her. She laid back down despite the peace being ruined.

"........You're not angry about my sudden appearance.. are you?"

She growled at him again.

"You're still mad about what happened!"

She stood back up and started to walk away.

"Cynder that was a long time ago! Let it go!"

She snapped at him, hissing and flaring her wings.

"Explains why you've been avoiding me for the past few months." This time he turned away.

Cynder glared at him as he left. She folded her wings again and went the opposite direction.

--------

The day was soon over and the recruits had to head to their rooms for the night.

Cynder tiredly wandered to hers and pushed the door open, not bothering to close it.

She flopped on her bed. Ready for a good sleep.

---------

Everyone was woken up by the sounds of an emergency.

The alarms blared, Cynder covered her ears with her claws.

Blades came over the comm system.

"Recruits! There's an emergency at the mayors office! We all hands on deck!"

The rescue bots were already at the mayor's office, the situation had gotten out of hand and they needed the recruits' help.

The recruits took no time to rest, they immediately ran outside and sped to the office.

Cynder was on top of Hotshot's jeep, she would never have been able to keep up with them if she had flown.

----------

The mayor's office was on fire, and it was spreading quickly.

Heatwave and the others were trying their hardest to put out the flames, but it was no use.

Once the recruits saw the fire they got right to work. Hotshot used his water gauntlets while everybody else scooped up water from the ocean.

Cynder wanted to avoid using her ice, afraid she would accidentally make a wall and trap somebody inside.

The fire was spreading from behind, the bots were unaware. They were too busy trying to put out the fire in front.

"Is there anybody inside?!" Hotshot asked.

Boulder went over to him so he wouldn't have to yell so loud.

"There's a few! We can't get to them with this fire!"

The recruits, hearing there were humans inside, started to work harder, grabbing more water than they could easily carry.

Cynder said "screw it" and started blowing ice over the building, it worked a bit, it stopped the spread a little bit.

Hoist saw something behind the building.
"Uhh guys!! The fire's spreading from behind!!!"
he ran back and started to dump water on it.