𝙡 ── this is cyberbullying

Start from the beginning

"i get that. it makes sense. as long as you and corpse are okay, right?" amari asked genuinely.

"oh, yeah. we're great. two peas in a pod!" roisin hoped that she couldn't hear her lie.

luckily, she got away with it and her chat didn't notice anything off either. they were talking about random things, mainly about dream, all waiting for the rest of the gang to show up - mainly anticipating the first corpse/roisin live interaction since it became common knowledge that they were dating. in all honesty, rosie was waiting, too. she had been streaming for the best part of an hour with the same group, but leslie was swapping out for corpse. she didn't know he would be joining. she wondered if anything would be different.

the past week and a bit had been exhausting, to say the least. axel and her spoke and spent time together and slept in the same bed, more or less like usual, but there was an underlying tension that tugged at both of them. it made her ache, and she knew it was taking a toll on him, too. they loved each other, but they didn't know that. axel thought the comment was a flippant statement, something a friend says to a friend, meaning that he never replied to it. or even gave an indication that he saw it. and the words had never left his mouth, nor were seen on any screen.

she was just tired of it all, tired of the secrets both were keeping and the toll it was taking on them. but she couldn't move past it. she wasn't strong enough to risk losing him, not yet. she had already lost so much.

with baby sitting snugly in her lap, she recognised the new voice in proximity - smiling at the way her cat's ears perked up, too. "what's up?" axel greeted, having just set up his own stream.

"hi, corpse!" rae replied cheerfully.

"good to have you here, man." courage genuinely said.

"can we give it up for the first couple in our among us lobby? corpse and roisin, take a bow. you've made history on this day." ludwig joked, breaking the tension as he carefully toed around the territory of their relationship - not wanting to upset them.

"alright, alright." rosie laughed, moving her white character to the middle of the room. corpse followed after, and she could hear his own laughter through the game. "what do we get for it? a medal?"

"what, am i not enough?" though axel was joking, very clearly by the lilt in his voice, roisin's smile faltered. she plastered it back on quickly, putting their characters face to face.

"you're more than enough. i just really want a tesla, you know?"

"you think you'd get a tesla from dating me?"

"am i not?"

"... should we get a tesla?"

"we don't leave the house enough to need a tesla."

"you're right." he sighed, trailing off. "but we'll keep it in mind?"

"uh... i guess it couldn't hurt." she played along, those in the lobby who weren't afk laughing with them. maybe things were back to normal, the small blip a result of his aching body or her adjusting to a new home. maybe they were okay again. she hoped so - she longed for the normality of their earlier days.

not that their earlier days were even that long ago, the couple had moved so fast. corpse didn't believe in waiting when you wanted something. life was too short. and rosie... she was naive and impressionable in all of the best ways. she manipulated herself as she longed for a distraction, and axel just happened to show up at the perfect time. it was an immaculate, reckless leap into something flawless. perhaps the honeymoon phase was wearing off, that's what it was.