Reunion

Clarke's POV

Clarke: Lexa!

I wrapped both my arms around her, resting my head in the crook of her neck. I welcomed the familiar scent of vanilla and pine. I felt her arms wrap around behind me, her hand resting at the base of my neck and the other drawing small, circular motions against my back. We stayed like this for a few minutes, until we heard rustling from the other cot.

I slowly loosened my grip on Lexa, and pulled away from the hug, but still I held her gaze. I remember getting lost in the green of her eyes long ago, and even after all these years they were still impossible to resist. Lexa was the first to break my gaze, and I watched her eyes travel to my hair.

Lexa: (smiles slightly) You changed your hair.

She brushed her fingers through it, then rested her hand against my cheek.

Lexa: It suits you.

I leaned in slowly and closed the gap between us, her lips were still cold but I didn't care. The kiss was gentle and soft, it made me realize just how much I missed her. When I pulled back from her embrace, there were tears falling down her face. I became slightly worried and used my thumb to wipe them away.

Lexa: I'm just so happy, Clarke. (smiles)

Clarke: It's always a rare sight to see you smile like that.

I leaned in again but was interrupted by someone's yelling. I turned around and saw that Madi was shouting in her sleep. I quickly helped Lexa up from her sitting position, I carried her bridal style towards the other cot since she still wasn't strong enough to  walk herself. We both looked at Madi, who was now covered in sweat.

Madi: Let go of me!

Clarke: Madi, sweetie! Wake up!

Madi: Go... float yourself.

Clarke: Madi! (shakes her gently)

Madi: AHHHH!

Her eyes fluttered open, and she shot up from the cot. Madi's breathing had increased, she had both of her hands holding her head, tears continued to stream down her face.

Madi: Clarke? (voice cracks slightly)

I bring her into a hug, and begin rubbing her back.

Clarke: It's okay, you're safe.

Madi hid her face in my shoulder still shaking from her nightmare. I glanced over at Lexa who was looking at Madi with sympathy.

Clarke: Shhhh.... you're safe now.

I began to gently rock her back and forth until she was able to calm her breathing. Soon her hiccups faded, and she became calm in my arms.

Madi: (whispers) It was Cadogan.

My body stiffened, Lexa seemed to notice but didn't question it. Even after I had killed him, he still managed to haunt Madi's dreams. Would I ever be rid of him?

Clarke: He's gone now, I made sure of it.

Madi nodded but continued to stay in my embrace.

Clarke: Would you like me to get you some water?

Madi: Beja, Clarke.

Clarke: What about you, Lexa?

Madi's head shot up from my shoulder, she hadn't acknowledged Lexa's presence before.