10| We're Dead

Everyone gasped at us. From the corner of his eye, Remus saw the Slytherins smirking (that also included Snivellus Jr.)

Harry was staring at them shocked. Fred and George had the biggest grins on their faces and were shaking their head. Ron had spilled a cup of some liquid on his robes and was now watching intensively. Hermione was equally shocked.

Lily on the other hand, was fuming with anger.

You're dead, She mouthed.

The teachers were also staring, astonished except Professor Lupin, Remus' future self, who was smirking. He winked at them when Remus looked his way.

Just when things couldn't get worse, James opened his GODDAMMIT mouth, "You look handsome without a beard, Professor Dumbledore. Such beauty hidden behind a white beard. Unimaginable."

The Great Hall held their breaths. The ghosts held their breaths and some died trying. The giant squid in the lake named Percy held his breath.

Just when the sun was about to stop shining, Dumbledore smiled and let out a laugh.

The people who had held their breaths exhaled and because of it's force, a tornado arrived. The Winchester brothers or the demigods were unable to arrive in time and Hogwarts was destroyed along with the many lives in it.

(Spoiler Alert - They die.)

The End!

Why are you still here?

The story has ended...

OK FINE!

Here's what actually happened -

Just when the sun was about to stop shining, Dumbledore smiled and let out a laugh.

"Thank You, Mr. Armstrong," Saying that, Dumbledore walked to his seat.

***

After this incident, everyone looked at the Marauders with upmost respect. Because of James' compliment, Dumbledore had kept his beard-less face for two weeks. However, Madam Pomfrey had grown back Dumbledore's precious white beard using magic.

Fred and George had not yet given up on the prank war. So far, they had tried to prank the Marauders countless times. When Lily had got pranked instead of the Marauders, she had promised revenge. Now-a-days, the Weasley twins spent most of their time hiding from Evans.

Sirius had again, distanced himself from James. Moony still talked to them both.

As October arrived, Quinditch practices started. Professor McGonagall had advised James not to participate as this could change the future of this timeline.

Fortunately, James had agreed. Nevertheless, He still spent his free time watching the Griffinfors practice.

"Katie, you are doing it wrong," James said as he showed her the correct way to do so. "The trick is to catch the ball this way so that it doesn't fall down. You also get a hard grip and others can't snatch it from you."

"I wonder, Jack," Alicia curled her lips. "Why you don't play Quinditch. You would make a good teammate!"

James looked at her, "“Oh! I play Quinditch. As for joining the Griffindor team... If I join, I will be either Chaser or Seeker. Harry is a wonderful seeker. He is far better than me.”

James puts on his best grin and leaned forward, “Now, if any of you three girls are eager to give away your positions as chasers, I am right here!”

The girls stared at him, mouths wide opened.

Aparently, Oliver Wood had been listening to this conversation. On hearing this, he walked forward, “Look, Jack. I don’t care how cool you are at Quinditch. I don’t care if you can play better than my chasers. I DON’T CARE! I am satisfied with my team of seven and I am not giving them up.”

“Aw-”

“I am serious, Alicia,” Wood turned to her.

“Oliver, I know,” James smiled. It was great meeting another Griffindor Quinditch Captain. Oliver was a nice guy. He understood what it was like being a captain. Unlike James, Oliver actually dedicated all his time for Quinditch.

So when James spoke, he spoke truthfully, “I love this team. You guys are perfect. Plus, I don’t want to play this year. Call it a break. However, if you don’t mind, I would love to share my tricks with you guys. Trust me! I am bored out of my mind. And my friends, they-”

James shook his head and grinned, “Deal?”

Wood studied him for a while and then, finally nodded. “Deal.”

Angelina, however, was studying Katie. “Katie,” She said. “Stop drooling. Jack has a girlfriend.”

James blinked and frowned. “No, I don’t.”

“So, you are not dating... yet. How are you both not dating!?! It’s obvious you both like each other. She keeps looking at you all time in class and vise versa...”

“Woah! Hold your horses, Angelina,” James interrupted quickly. “Who are you talking about?”

“Nightingale.”

“Who?” James asked but then as realization stuck, his eyes widened.

“Ivy and you, Jack!” Oliver said, suddenly interested. James let that all settle in.

Ivy... Evans... Lily.

“It’s not that obvious,” Jack said but then panicked. Evans kept looking at her all the time in class?

“Actually, it is,” Katie giggled.

“I... Er- I forgot my... sweater- Uh... in the class?” James sucked at lying. He made a mental note not to fall in a situation like this again.

"It's not even winter yet," Alicia frowned.

"I should leave now... Bye!”

As he turned and walked away, he heard Angelina talk, “Boys. Are. So. Dumb!”

***

My face when I realised that three of the chapters had the same number... what was I thinking?

Who is Hogwarts’ Herbology professor and the head of Hufflepuff House?