Chapter 4

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Mother!"

"Aunt Eira!" I heard yelling from the other room as I cleaned.

I brushed off the dirt from my dress and walked over to my niece and son, "What is it?" I asked them as they stood in front of the door letting all the snow in, "Children, shut the door, I don't want all the cold to come in."

They closed the door and ran off to me, "Mother, they are bringing in the yule log, they will want us there when they begin to burn it." Rekkr pleaded to me.

My eyes narrowed as I leaned down to both the children, "Perhaps that is right," I nodded and scanned my eyes around the cabin, "but I do not see that all your chores are done. And until then, I'm afraid we cannot go anywhere."

Both of them raced around and helped each other clean. I laughed and set down the rag that lay on my shoulder. I walked over to the altar and picked up one of the candles. I hovered it over three other candles unlit flames and watched as they grew.

My hands glided over the wooden figures as I picked up one, "Freyr, I take an oath to you to fulfill myself and destiny. Whatever you and the gods have woven for me, I will accept it as my fate." I gently placed a kiss on the figure and placed it back on the altar.

Both of the children raced out in front of me with their cloaks on. I smiled at them, "Are you already ready?" They nodded viciously, "Alright then, I suppose we can go."

They chuckled and giggled together as I pulled on my cloak. The three of us walked together before the men who carried the yule log had made it to the Great Hall. I took their hands in mine and ushered them through the people.

As I walked through the hall, men and women praised me and thanked me. I nodded curtly at them as I made my way to my father. Siggy parted with Sigurd and Rekkr with Hvitserk.

I stood tall as I leaned on Father's throne, "I heard you have freed Floki." I whispered down to him. He nodded and I received a look from Aslaug.

A priest walked forward as the log was carried in and hoisted onto the burning fire, "People! May the yule log burn throughout Yol, and bring its warmth and light to us in these darkest of days. And to King Ragnar and his family," the priest smiled at all of us, "may they feel the warmth of the fire, like the love of the people!" The crowd cheered and I clapped for the celebration.

The slave Father seems interested in, walked over to Aslaug and whispered in her ear. Aslaug stormed over to her room, soon Ragnar followed.

Before he left, he gestured for me to sit in his chair. I looked at him confusedly until he grabbed my arm and pushed me on his throne. I looked up at him as we walked away. People began to look at me hall, I only raised my cup of mead at them and nodded.

The slave walked over to me offering another drink. I nodded as she filled my cup, "What is your name?" I asked her.

She looked up at me, "Yidu."