Diamonds

After the incident in the art studio, I scrambled up the stairs in a daze. Although I had just spent a truly romantic moment with Jules, all I could think about was Arabella. And I hated myself for it. I hated not being able to truly choose between them. It's not fair to leave them both in the dark about my true feelings towards them. Well, it wasn't fair to leave myself in the dark about it either. I truly loved them both. Even though I have known Arabella for longer, there was just something about Jules that made me never want to leave. I just wanted to stay in his arms forever... or Arabella's. By the angel, I really needed to figure this out. 

Of course I decided the only rational thing to do would be to see Arabella. I reached for the portal she gave me and recalled the directions to use it. I pushed a golden button and the portal fell to the carpet. A soft violet color rose from the center of the trinket and I walked through, slightly nervous. 

"Kyler!" Arabella exclaimed. She was sitting a new lavish light green couch with a book in her lap and reading glasses on. She was wearing sweatpants and a cropped grey hoodie exposing a small sliver of her thin waist. Her soft silver hair was styled in a messy bun with small pieces curled to frame her face. I always loved how she could be so euphoric and real at the same time.

"Arabella, always a pleasure." I said with a smile that spread far too wide for me to comprehend. She set her book down and ran towards me with her arms open. She gave the best hugs. A mixture of warmth and the feeling of being at home swept over me. She kissed me softly on the forehead and guided me towards her room.

"Really Arabella, I just got here." I laughed out. 

"That's not what I was planning but it could be added to the list." 

"By the angel, what's on your list." I said.

"This." Arabella pulled out a velvet jewelry box. She opened it and a small necklace was showcased. It was a silver chain with a small 'k' embezzled with sparkly diamonds. I gasped. 

"Turn around, I want to put it on you." She pulled my hair aside and clasped the chain behind my neck. "Okay, let me see." The necklace hung at a comfortable position just below my neck, resting between my collar bones.

"Just as I expected, gorgeous as always." She said as a smile lit up her entire face. She knew me so well. She knew how much I loved to be spoiled, to be shown I was loved. Even though I have received recognition for my talent my whole life I never felt truly cherished as I did when I was with Arabella. 

"So what's next on your list, Arabella?" She smiled sweetly.

"This." She pulled me to her and kissed me with a hidden passion. She pulled my shirt off and I did the same to her. 

"I love you." She said between kisses.