Chapter Two

Chapter Two:
Alexandria's POV

"What do you mean he is still here?" My voice a few octave higher as poor Lucy stands in front of me unsure what else to say.

For five days Sylvester Ferraro has appeared at my restaurant. Every time it is the same routine, he insists on speaking with me, explains once again that my debt has been dissolved, asks me to eat with him and then when I decline he eats alone.

Today he arrived during the lunch service and now dinner service has just ended and my hostess has just told me he is still here. The man is plaguing my thoughts as it is why does he have to be here?!

"He said he was trying a new tact." Lucy says clearly oblivious to my inner turmoil. "He is gorgeous." She murmurs.

Yes, he is but I don't need a man in my life. I might have a want but I have no need. I can't do that to Noah and let's face it I don't have the best track record. Getting drunk and shacking up with a random as the ball dropped in New York on New Years Eve, not one of my best decisions.

"Tell him I have gone home." I say quickly and Lucy nods.

"And here I thought you were the honest one." A low male voice answers before Lucy can carry out my instructions.

Lucy looks between the pair of us for some clue as to what to do next.

"Go home Luce."

"You sure?"

"Christian is sending a car for me."

"Tell Noah I say hi!" She says cheerily and I cringe.

Sylvester watches Lucy leave before spinning back towards me.

"Noah?" The curiosity in his voice shakes me as he asks the one question I wish he didn't.

"Was the meal not to your satisfaction?" I ask changing the subject and his lips tug up slightly as if knowing my plan.

"Quite the opposite. I especially like dessert, my waitress told me that was your creation."

"Dessert was the only part of the kitchen my father let me have control over." I say with a sad smile. "What did you have?" I ask before I can stop my self and he grins.

"Tiramisu."

I can't help but smile back at him. Realising I have lost myself I shake my head and clear my throat.

"What can I do for you Mr Ferraro?"

"Sylvester, please. I was wondering if you had thought any more about my proposition?"

"Proposition?"

"Making things up to you."

"I told you we were fine Mr Ferraro."

"Sylvester."

"There is nothing to make up."

"I beg to differ pet. Maybe I could give you a ride home?"

"No thank you."

"You are making this awfully difficult for me Alexandria."

"I'm not going to date you Sylvester."

"Drinks?" He suggests without waiting a beat and I can't help but laugh.

"Goodnight Sylvester."

"See you tomorrow?"

"I'll be here."

"And I'll try again."

"Why?" I ask and his cool and composure slips slightly. "Be honest with me Sylvester. What sparked your interest in me? I have seen the women you date."