𝐧𝐞𝐮𝐟

"Bang."

"Bang."

The blood splats onto the man's white blouse as the woman tied up in the chair lies there, lifeless. The blood from her chest starts to run down the drain installed in that room for that very purpose.

"You done boss?" One of the man's men asks, getting a gunshot to the head in response,

"You done? Vraiment*?" The man asks, tightening the pink bandana around his bicep, teasing the dead man in the same way.

"Clean up the body!" The man yells, having switched out of his natural mother tongue.

The men in black quickly lift the dead woman up, her glassy eyes looking them straight in the eyes, attempting to curse them. The men remain oblivious to her stare, finding their boss's underlying threat much more threatening.

The man exhales, snapping the black gloves off his hands and slipping his rings on. The metal rings slip onto his hands like a second skin as he fastens the last one on his pinky.

The door to the torture chamber opens, showing the pristine white interior of the house, mixed with creme accents, just the way he liked it.

He walks past the statue with vines growing all around it and walks into his office, shutting the glass door behind him.

"Insolent Brats." He mumbles, plopping his phone down on the desk with him. He pours himself a drink and starts to swirl it, causing the brown liquid to refract a rainbow of light on the wall.

"OH CRAP." Sienna comes storming in, clad in a red jacket and bell-bottoms, reminding Max of a 90's star.

"Where'd you come from? The Weekend?" He attempts to crack an American joke, causing Sienna to look at him with a furrowed brow.

"Number one, wrong time period. Number two, we have a bigger room, Max." She says, sitting down without permission getting an eye roll from Max, she always did things like that.

"Quoi**? What do you mean a bigger problem?" He asks. Sienna scooches back and puts her feet on the table, showing off her beige converses. She slides her iPhone 12 across the table, Max's fast reflexes allowing him to catch the phone before it falls on the floor.

"Shoot." He curses, clutching the phone in his hand. Sienna whines, seeing her best friend about to break her phone,

"Max! I swear if you break my phone, I will find you wherever you are in the world and hunt you down." She scolds him just like she did when she was little.

"Sheesh," Max mutters, still taking her threat seriously. Ever since he was little, he learned that an angry girl with a gun is never a good combination.

He opened the app that he had just closed on accident, eyes widening at what he saw.

Right in front of his eyes was the right-hand man of DARK, hugging a girl of some type. The girl had brown straight hair and he couldn't see her face, which angered him.

"Did you find out anything about her?" He asks, getting a shake of the head from Sienna, causing his hand to meet the desk,

SLAM

"Darn it!" He yells, throwing the phone against the wall causing Sienna to clear her throat, staring daggers at him. She starts to get closer to him,

"Excuse me?" She asks, her voice deathly calm.

Max skitters over to her phone and picks it up, praying to the Lord Jesus that it didn't break. If it did, his reign as leader of EQUAL would end real quick.

He turns the phone around to see one small crack forming down the center. He meekly turns around and gives the phone to the fuming girl face down, hoping that she wouldn't notice. To his dismay, she takes the phone and turns it around, clearly noticing the crack running down the middle.

"I'll buy you a new one." He squeaks out, all of Max's confidence long gone by now. Sienna exhales, clenching her fists by her sides,

"You better. But, I'm letting it go for now since we have to figure out a way to find out who that girl is." She points at the brunette haired mystery gal furiously, how could nobody know who she is?

"We can ask security?" She asks, fiddling with the switchblade that she had in her hand. Brief glimpses of light are reflected when the full length of it is revealed, causing Max to look at the weapon in Sienna's hand carefully. He shakes his head, running his hand through his hair,

"That won't work, I'm pretty sure DARK has some operatives undercover at the airports, even though they aren't as powerful," Max explains, getting a stifled laugh from Sienna,

"They aren't as powerful? You do know that you can say that they're the weakest gang in all of Versailles."

The town's name rolls off Sienna's name just as if she was French herself. Well, to tell the truth, she was part, French. Even though she was mainly raised alongside Max, in his father's chosen boarding school, she still belonged to little Seattle.

To complicate everything even further, she had daddy issues. Top-level ones. Instead of being raised with pride and loyalty, like her father had wanted, she was raised in a school where she was barely allowed to go out.

Needless to say, she was- and still is a grand wreck.

"Fin, what do you think we should do?" Max asks, snapping Sienna out of her trance. She blinks,

"We can trace it back to the source? I was at the airport earlier this morning, so I could interrogate everybody who was there?" She tries to add to the conversation, but instead gets a shake of the head from her boss and best friend,

"That would bring too much attention. We can save it as a last-ditch effort. Do you know who posted the video on the site?" Max asks, referring to the dark web.

"ACE did, why?" Sienna asks, the cogs in her head already turning. An idea starts to come together in Max's mind,

"Schedule a meeting with them. It's time we talk about working together."

Vraiment = Really

Quoi = What

And meet Max! Yay, y'all have finally met all of my characters!

I hope that you enjoyed it and if you did you can like, comment, share or add it to your reading list.

Also, I might have to slow down updating because I got a doggo and he's currently taking all of my attention. Plus, online school's speeding up and it's getting super hard for me to be in a good mental state nowadays. Sorry for the bad news and I hope that you can understand.

TPWK

-Sky