Chapter 34

Caitlans POV:
It's been a week. A week since we lost dad. We decided to go to Bobby's for a while. I've barely talked to Bobby or my brothers. Dean's been the same, he keeps beating the shit outta Bobby's scrapped cars out back in the yard and trying to fix the impala. The only time I really talk to them is at meal times. I've not been able to look Sam and Dean in the eye. The guilt that I knew Dad made that deal for me, well it's eating me alive. I haven't been able to sleep.

Mom's been checking in on me and all I wanna do is go see her. I just lost my dad and I wanna be with my mom. But I can't leave Sam and Dean. I just can't.

Bobby knocked on the bedroom door. "Caitlan can I come in?" "Yeah" I replied and he came in. "Sam's gone for food and Dean's outside still. I just got off the phone with your mom. She thinks you should go stay with her for a while. So do I." I looked at Bobby. "I can't leave Sam and Dean, Bobby. I'm all they have." I felt myself tear up. "Caitlan darling, your brothers are big boys I'm sure they'll be ok." Bobby put his hand on my shoulder and brought me into a hug. "Yeah but going to live with mom for a bit whilst they're still upset about dad? I can't." "I'll talk to em when we eat." Bobby assured me.

Sam came back with pizza and the four of us ate at the table. "Boys we gotta talk." Bobby said and Sam and Dean looked up. "I think Caitlan should go stay with her mom for a while." He told my brothers. I was looking elsewhere but I knew Sam and Dean weren't exactly happy. "Cait?" Dean asked. "Look guys I wanna see my mom yeah, especially after just losing dad but I can't leave you two and especially after what happened last time I talked to you about seeing her." I said with my eyes welling up again. Sam and Dean both looked at each other guilty. "If you wanna go see your mom Cait, it's fine honestly." Sam told me. "Really?" I asked wiping my tears. "Cait go. We're okay and we got our phones if we need you or you need us." Dean assured me. I got up and hugged both my brothers.

The next morning, I packed my stuff and gave Bobby and my brothers a hug each before I left to get the bus to Mom's.

Rowena's POV:
The past week I've been constantly worrying about Caitlan. I feel sorry for the boys too, losing their father.

I heard a knock at the door, I looked through my peephole and it was my wee girl - her face sodden with tears. "Oh my darling, come here." I immediately brought Caitlan into a hug. She cried into my shoulder. "It's ok baby, mommy's here". I took her to the sofa and cuddled my wee girl. "It's my fault mom" she sobbed. "What is baby?" I moved strands of hair out of Caitlan's face. "Dad's death. He traded his life for mine. He made me promise not to tell Sam and Dean." Cait broke down. "Oh sweetheart it's not your fault." I held my darling girl close. "Caitlan darling, the resurrection sachets that I have that keep me immortal, I have a few already made and instead of waiting until you are 21, can we put them in your body now? I almost lost you last week and I don't want to risk losing you again." Caitlan nodded and I wiped her tears. I cut parts of her open slightly, so that they were just big enough for me to insert the sachets. She screamed in pain. "I know it hurts sweetheart I'm sorry." I put the sachets in and Caitlan looked pale. "Why don't we go lay down?" I suggested. We went to bed for a rest. Caitlan fell asleep almost instantly, I put my hand to her face wiping the tears away and I kissed her head. My baby girl has lost her father, I want nothing more than for her to stop being a hunter and just stay with me, but she's stubborn. And she'd never leave her brothers.

Flashback:
Caitlan is 5 years old.

Rowena's POV:

John is on a hunt and Sam and Dean are at Bobby's. I decided to take Caitlan to the park for a while,  but she fell off the slide climbing up it and hurt her head so I brought her home, got her changed into a night gown and laid her on bed. "Mommy I think I'm gonna puke" Caitlan groaned in pain, I ran and grabbed a bucket from the bathroom and passed it to her . As soon as Caitlan grabbed the bucket, she threw up. I rubbed her back as she continued to vomit. "Is it all up now darling?" I asked and Caitlan nodded. "I miss daddy." She groaned. Caitlan laid down and I moved the bucket. "I know baby girl, he'll be back soon though. Why don't you try and have a wee nap? Mommy isn't going anywhere." Caitlan slowly fell asleep. I wrapped her up and gently stroked her face as she snoozed away.

About an hour later, there was a knock on the door, which woke Caitlan up abruptly. "Hey, it's okay. I'm just going to answer the door sweetheart I'll be right back I promise." "Ok mommy" Caitlan yawned and laid back down. I went to the door and it was John. I let him in and told him about Cait's fall and not feeling well - we went back to the bedroom to Caitlan. "Caitlan darling, look who it is." I said and John walked in. Caitlan's face lit up. "Daddy!" John walked round the bed and sat next to Cait, I sat on the other side. "Hey baby girl, mommy told me you've hurt your head and you're not feeling well." John picked Caitlan up and sat her on his knee, Caitlan nodded. "I missed you daddy." Cait sobbed and cuddled into John. "Oh baby, I missed you too." John kissed the top of Caitlan's head. John laid Caitlan between us and rubbed her belly to ease her pain. Caitlan looked confused and lifted the sleeve up of John's leather jacket. "Daddy's got an owwie" Cait said concerned, John's arm was all bloody. "I'm okay darlin', it doesn't hurt as much now." "Was it a monster that hurt you daddy?" She scowled. "It was sweetheart, but daddy killed it." John told her. Caitlan sat up and kissed John's arm. "Is that better daddy? Mommy and daddy always kiss my owwies better." "That's much better thank you darling" John smiled bringing Cait into a cuddle.

End of flashback

Caitlan's POV:
I woke up to my phone ringing. "Hello?" I yawned. "Cait, do you know someone dad knew, called Ellen?" Dean asked. "Harvelle? Yeah I know Ellen, I used to go with  dad when he went to the Roadhouse when I was a kid, I used to play with Jo" I told him. "And you never told us this?" Dean replied. "You never asked, why?" "After you left, me and Sam found an old message on Dad's phone from Ellen. We went there and both her and Jo had guns on us. Anyway we've picked up a case in Medford, Wisconsin. There's a killer clown on the loose at a carnival." Dean told me and I laughed. "Bit early for Pennywise ain't it?" I asked, Dean laughed but I heard Sam say "that's not funny." "Lighten up, it is a bit funny Sammy." Dean told our brother. "Anyway, we'll call you back when we get more info" Dean said to me. "Alrighty, good luck." I said and hung up. "Everything alright darling?" Mom asked. "Sam and Dean have picked up a killer clown case." I smirked as I put my phone next to me. I rested my head on Mom's shoulder, she rested her head on mine and lifted her hand to my face.

Me and Mom were sat in the living room. "Fancy ordering a Chinese for dinner Caitlan darling?" Mom asked. "Yeah definitely" I smiled. Mom ordered the food and when it came we sat on the couch and ate. After we finished, mom poured two glasses of whiskey. "To John" she raised her glass. "To Dad" I raised mine and we clinked them before we drank.

A couple days later, Dean called. "Hey bro. How's the killer clown case?" I asked. "It's done. It was a Rakshasas." He told me. "I've no clue what that is but I'm glad you got it sorted." I said and hung up. I don't know how long I'll be staying with Mom, I miss my brothers but I'm just not ready to go back to hunting yet.

That's this chapter! Hope y'all like it