28│GOODBYE AND HELLO

Comenzar desde el principio

Rich paused as he looked him up and down. "Well, you're no Halstead but you are much better than I was expecting."

"Didn't ask, don't care."

At that Rich giggled in delight. "O0h! There's the fire I was looking for. You, my friend, will work great."

"Why is Rich getting a new handler?" Scully asked with innocent eyes as he looked around for anyone to answer him, "I liked Jay, he gave me candy sometimes."

The 99 turned their attention to Natasha and awaited an answer which she was reluctant to give. She hated talking about feelings and now it seemed she'd have to do it with a room full of people. She and Jay had broken up.

"All right, listen up!" She snapped as she crossed her arms, "I will say this once and there are no follow up questions, understand? Jay and I broke up, he got transferred back to the FBI, and Rich got a new handler, Adam Ruzek. Be nice to him or I will shoot you."

With that, she opened the floor for Adam to introduce himself to the rest of the 99 while she slinked to her desk. She sighed in relief when it seemed everyone was too busy with Adam to bother her about her break up with Jay.

Adam Ruzek was her best friend. Natasha, Adam, and Jay were like the three musketeers back when she still worked at the FBI. That was why he'd been the first person she'd spoken to after her break up with Jay and he'd been at her apartment in record time with a pack of beer and an assortment of ceramics for her to break.

She still remembered when she found out that he was going to be Jay's replacement as Rich's handler. After they'd talked over their excitement at getting to work together again, the conversation took a turn.

"...So, how is he?" She asked quietly as she took a chug of her beer.

"Tasha," He warned as he shifted awkwardly, "Don't do that to yourself."

"I just want to know how he's doing," She defended with a huff, "He was my best friend before we started dating y'know."

"I thought I was your best friend," He teased as he nudged her gently.

"Sadly," She joked before she bit her lip, "Just make sure he's okay. Please."

"Okay," He nodded slowly as he patted her shoulder comfortingly, "Whatever you want, Tasha."

"Thank you," She smiled softly before she stood up and took a deep breath, "Well, right now I want to break some plates."

Natasha's eyes widened when she saw Amy go up to introduce herself to Adam. She and Rosa shared a look as they smirked when they noticed her giggle and tuck her hair behind both ears at the same time. When Amy really liked a guy, she'd get nervous and tuck her hair behind both ears at the same time.

Natasha bit her lip when she noticed Jake walking towards her and hoped to God that something would stop him from talking to her about the breakup.

"Oh, thank God," She sighed in relief when Raymond stepped out of his office for an announcement.

"Squad, if I could have your attention, please? I am being transferred to the public relations office. I'm leaving the Nine-Nine effective immediately."

"Damnit God," She huffed as she stood up in shock along with the rest of the 99.

"What the hell?" Amy yelped.

"I don't understand," Jake shrugged with a small smile, hoping that this was all just a joke.

"What the hell?" Amy repeated as her brows furrowed in distress.