Chapter 1: What?

Hope's pov.

" Is Diamond down for her nap", asked my best-friend Jacob as I walked in my room.

"Yeah she just passed out", I yawned crawling on my bed to cuddle with him.

"That's good" he said pulling me towards him, "How are you feeling?"

"Sad", I replied.
"He's in a better place Hope", Jacob stated.

"I know, but I miss my father Jacob today's one year", I sighed "Do you even think she's even going to remember"

"I don't know Hope, but I wish I knew", Jacob sighed.

"Can we go to his grave later tonight?", I asked Jacob

"Yes", Jacob replied. "What time does your mom get home?"

"At 3:00" I sighed.

"So any minute" he asked.

"It's already Three" I mumbled. Wow time flies it was just 2:00 when I started to put Diamond down for her nap. Then again 4 books, 3 songs, and finding her favorite stuffed bear Jacob got her at the fair we went to last summer would be time consuming...  Okay maybe it's really is time consuming.

"Hope your mom's home", Jacob said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Okay, she probably already knows you're over", I laughed.

"So true i'm always over here", he said laughing with me.

"HOPE" Faith my mom yelled.

"She's going to wake up Diamond!" I sighed getting up running down the stairs with Jacob right behind me.

"Please don't yell Diamond's down for a nap and Jacob's over...", I said trailing off when I walked in the living room.

"Ummmm who are you", I asked looking at the four guys sitting on my Betty. Yes Betty is the name of my favorite couch. I know i'm not normal I mean who wants to be normal. Normal is B.O.R.I.N.G. God I crack myself up I thought laughing.

"Hope are you even listening to me", My mom said looking frustrated.

"Nope, but could you guys get off Betty", I said looking at the four guys on my couch.

"Betty", said the older one which I am guessing to be the dad of the other three guys that look around my age.

"Oh God Please not this again", Faith mumbled rubbing her forehead.

"Yes Betty, you know the one you're sitting on", I said looking at him in the eye so he would hopefully get the hint i'm serious about this.

"The couch", One of the guys said.

"Yes my couch Betty", I said putting my hand on my hip.

"You can't be serious", The same guy said.

"She's being completely serious", Faith sighed.

"Come on boys", The older one said getting up.

"No I'm not moving", The same guy said.

"Bad idea', Jacob laughed

"What do you mean bad idea", The dude said clearly confused.

"Please don't hurt him too bad", Faith said backing away from me.

"Hurt me" he laughed, "she probably couldn't even hurt a fly".

"Oh really" I laughed walking up to him grabbing his arm putting it over my shoulder, turning around and flipping him over my my head.

"Holy mother of Jesus", One of the other guys said laughing.

"That would be Mary", I laughed plopping on my couch looking at the guy on the ground.

"Ouch", the guy on the ground said getting his breathing back to normal
"How did you do that?"

"I've done karate for four years now" I answered

"That's cool", said the dude that hasn't said anything.

"Thanks, anyways who are you guys?" I said getting tired of calling them guys and older one.

"Hope that's what I was saying earlier but you were daydreaming", Faith scold.

"I'm sorry your voice makes me zone out", I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Whatever", Faith said.

"So who are you guys?" I asked for like the third time now.

"As I was saying earlier-" "I was asking them" I said interrupting Faith.

"The names Tyler" said the guy that said 'Holy mother of Jesus' earlier.

"Jack" the quiet one said.

"Nathan but you can call me Nate" said the guy I flipped.

"I'm Justin their dad" said the older guy. Yes I was right.

"Okay now I know your names, why are you here?" I asked confused.

"Me and your mother are engaged" Justin said looking at Faith with love in his eyes.

"How long" I asked putting on an expressionless face.

"Eight months" Faith said looking at me scared. I mean I would be too last time I was like this I threw a chair at her. *sigh* Good memories.

"Four months" I said leaning back in the couch looking at her. "Couldn't even wait half a year" I continued.

"What about Four months and waiting half a year", she said confused.

"What happened today exactly a year ago", I asked getting mad.

"What's today's date", she asked.

"July 18" I answered knowing the date by heart.

"I don't know Hope what happened" Faith asked.

"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW", I screamed at her. "DAD DIED LAST YEAR ON THIS EXACT DATE AND YOU DON'T REMEMBER! HE WAS YOUR HUSBAND FOR 18 YEARS AND IS THE FATHER OF BOTH OF YOUR CHILDREN AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN HE DIED! YOU DON'T EVEN REMEMBER THE DAY WE GOT IN THE ACCIDENT! THE DAY I LOST MY DAD, THE DAY I REALIZED I WOULDN'T HAVE A PARENT, AND THE DAY I WENT MUTE FOR THREE MONTHS!", I said getting quiet at the end.

"Hope" Diamond said walking down the stairs "Come here"

"Yes Jewel" I said  walking over to her and getting on my knees so i'm level with her.

"Stop crying" she said wiping my tears, I didn't realize were streaming down my face. " Don't cry over her she's not worth it" Diamond stated.
"She may be a horrible mom but she still has feelings too"

"I guess" I mumbled picking up diamond. "Lets introduce you".