Chapter 2

2~ That Lady, Defiant

The next thing I knew, the shadows had faded and we were outside the palace gates. I turned to Vincent, "I believe it would look odd to have no driver."

"Of course my lady, allow me..." He smiled kindly for a demon and stepped out of the carriage in order to step up to the driver's seat and lead us to the gate.

My servants seemed excited; they have only been with me outside the manor once because I was helping them to find uniforms.

"Now I want you all to act accordingly, we must not embarrass the mistress." Veronica said in a motherly stern tone. The others nodded in agreement and understanding. "Also we must not outshine our mistress in anyway, this is her special day."

"Yes Miss Veronica," the trip of girls chorused.

"Don't be so demanding Roni! I want them to enjoy themselves," I replied with a good natured tone while using my childish nickname for her.

"Mistress," they all looked at me in awe.

"As long as you have a wonderful time then that is good enough for me, but don't be too rambunctious. You are servants of the Sin household, it goes without saying that you should act with dignity and respect for those around you," I reminded them. They each nodded with a smile.

"Yes my lady!" they all chorused. I laughed lightly before the carriage stopped.

Vincent opens the door with a bow, "We are here my lady." he held out a hand for me to take. Grasping it tightly I used it as leverage in order to step out and onto the clean stone pathway that lead up to the palace. I moved out of the way and allowed Vincent to help his sister out next, and then the rest of my servants. A butler dressed in white with thick sunglasses covering his eyes came out to greet us.

"Lady Sin, the Queen has been waiting for you...we are all very delighted to have you here today. Allow me to take care of your carriage while you and your servants head to the ceremony hall."

"Thank you that is very kind, I hope they haven't been waiting very long," I giggled with a slightly fake nobility smile.

"Not at all Lady Sin, please if I may be so bold I wish you luck and good fortune..." the butler said with a small almost invisible smile before hopping up to the carriage and driving it away.

I looked towards the palace and then with a nod to follow I said, "Come." to my servants before I started walking.

"My lady?" Luna asked timidly as we walked through the halls to get to my ceremony.

"Yes Luna?" I smiled kindly at the soft spoken girl.

"I have an idea for your entrance..." She trailed off softly, her eyes darting from me to the floor nervously.

"Wonderful!" I said. She looked up at me with wide eyes while the rest of the servants just smiled. They knew Luna was having some trouble getting comfortable in the manor so they thought it was wonderful to see her speak out. "What's your idea?"

"A few of my friends wanted to know if they could do anything to help. And I thought maybe since you are the new Raven of the queen you could have ravens fly in with you and some feathers with purple rose petals since it is also your family crest..." all of her idea spilled out of her like a waterfall. I giggled slightly when she had finished and began blushing in embarrassment.

"That sounds wonderful! Will it be prepared by the time we reach the hall though?" I asked.

"Of course! My friends have been collecting roses and their nicest feathers and are currently standing by in the trees surrounding the palace," Luna pointed outside a large window and when I looked I was delighted to see a flock of the lovely creatures known as Ravens sitting patiently in the trees.