Time was moving eerily slowly to Eret, suspense and anticipation only building every tick of the clock beside his bed.

The two were only teenagers when they last had a full conversation. The rise of L'Manburg made them quickly drift apart, leaving their relationship hanging awkwardly in the wind.

As it neared 11:45 pm, the silence was broken by the soft sound of someone walking through wet grass. So, he took that as his cue to leave.

Throwing a cape over his shoulders, Eret left the warmth of his house. Avoiding Wilbur's house, which still had its lanterns illuminated, Eret quickly ran to the entrance. Wilbur would often stay up until the early hours in the morning, stretched thin by the many responsibilities of building a nation.

The forest beyond the walls was cold and damp. It almost seemed like it was still raining, droplets of water falling from the trees to dampen Eret's hair and clothing.

"Finally," Eret turned quickly on his heels to see Y/n leaning against a tree, a dark brown cloak covering most of their figure.

"He should be here in a few minutes."

As if on cue, a masculine voice was heard as the dark colors of the forest were broken up by a man in a bright green hoodie. "Y/N?"

"Right here," Y/N raised a hand halfway, as if to wave, while Eret stayed silent, his anxious thoughts piling upon themselves.

The three stood in a triangular-like formation. Dream scanned Eret over, the plain, emotionless face painted on his mask seeming to look right through him.

"It's been a while, Eret," Dream commented. Eret swore he could almost see the smirk behind his mask.

Eret stayed silent, and Dream simply brushed it off.

"Y/n, anything to report?"

They'll be patrolling the east wall more frequently, which will most likely leave the west wall unprotected for the time being."

"Any suspicions?"

"None, sir."

"Good." Dream nodded, then turned to Eret with his hands in the pocket of his hoodie.

"I'm glad to see you've agreed to join us, Eret."

Eret did not attempt to reply, their gaze dropping down to Dream's shoes. Dream seemed to waive the reply off. Dream spoke once more, "I want you to find out what they plan to do when it comes to battle,"

"And Y/N," The masked man turned back to the shorter figure, "Note down their storage buildings, and note down if the buildings are flammable." Y/n nodded in response.

"I mustn't stay much longer," Dream mumbled, "L'Manburg will get suspicious if you two are out here much longer."

"They're probably asleep," Y/n shrugged idly.

"Wilbur is most likely awake," Eret commented hesitantly, "He pretty much never sleeps, and Fundy is mostly nocturnal, so he stands guard sometimes."

"So you are useful." Dream chucked, a smirk most likely on his face.