𝘚𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘏𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘈 𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺

Early that morning, I awoke with excitement coursing through my veins. Today we were going to a holiday party!

The girls and I were in Amy and Meg's room. I was sitting on the bed with Oliver on my lap while everyone was waiting for Jo to finish Meg's hair. Meg applied some lotion to her hands as everyone heard some sizzling. "It's burning. It's burning, Jo! You're burning my hair! " Meg said with worry as she patted Jo's arm to get her attention. 

I looked up to see steam coming from the hot curler. "Are the tongs supposed to smoke like that?" Beth asked. 

"Of course they are- it's just the dampness drying. " Jo said irritatingly. My eyebrow curved in confusion and my nose scrunched up because of the smell. 

"Something's scorching, Jo. Even I can smell it and I've got quite a flat nose. " Amy said as she ran her finger over the bridge of her nose. 

I patted the bed next to Amy to get her attention and spoke. "Oh, hush! Your nose is perfectly shaped. " She smiled at me and then continued to look at herself in the mirror. 

I looked back at Meg and Jo to say, "Aren't you supposed to wait till her hair is dry, Jo?" 

"Nonsense- when I take these papers out you're all going to see a cloud of little ringlets. " Jo said with her head leaned back as she held onto the tongs. We giggled and Oliver purred on my lap, he wore his sweater I knit him.

Jo pulled the tongs out of Meg's hair and a whole ringlet of hair pulled out as well. We gasped and I held my hand over my mouth. Meg held the charred remains of her hair and continued to gasp. 

"Oh, Meg? Oh, no. I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! So so-" Jo apologized but her older sister interrupted her. 

"What have you done? Jo! What have you done? " Meg asked with shock as she stood up from her seat in front of the vanity. I gave Oliver to Amy and I stood up with her to examine Meg's remaining hair. 

"I did what you asked me to do! I curled your hair! " Jo said with a shaking voice. Meg began to cry as Jo put the curling iron down with force. "Why did you even ask me? You know I always ruin everything! " Jo exclaimed as she laid down on the bed with defeat and pity. 

"Oh, that's not true, Jo! " Beth said as she tried to comfort her sister.

"It is tonight! How can I go to the party without any hair? " Meg said as she continued to cry. 

"You still have plenty of hair that's really smooth and pretty. " Beth said as she went to Meg's side. 

"And it's not as though you're Jo, whose hair is her one beauty. " Amy added.

I gave her a disapproving look, looked back at Meg's hair, and said with reassurance, "Meg, I can pin it back and continue with the hairstyle you wanted! It will be completely hidden. " She wiped her tears and nodded while Jo groaned and fell backward onto the bed.

Jo, Meg, and I set off down the road to the party. I was wearing my favorite baby blue party dress with puffed shoulders and white lace, I even put my hair in a braided bun for the occasion! But I of course had to have my white tights under my petty coat even if it's not the fashion. It made me feel more comfortable, I was wearing a corset so I was already feeling stiff in my waist area...

I enjoy parties unlike Jo, I love dancing, dressing up, and for the most part, socializing with people. Well, the people that don't give me looks or judge me...