𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦 - 𝘓𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩'𝘴 {3/4}

{EMOTIONAL/TRIGGER WARNING: DEATH}

Once Mr. March had finished reading the bible verse, my mother had already stopped rubbing my hand. She had passed peacefully in her bed with her friends and me right beside her. Marmee had her hand over her mouth as tears silently ran down her face. They watched me as I just stared at my mother, her hand was still clasped in mine, a peaceful facial expression rested on her face... 

She couldn't have been gone yet...

Her chest stopped rising, it had been around a minute since she took a breath... "Marmee, Mama needs a doctor! She's not breathing!" I said in a panic. I looked over at her and tears were running down her face, Mr. March just stood there, I don't think he knew what to do. I looked back at my mother and put my ear to her chest, there wasn't a heartbeat. "Mama, wake up. Mama!" I said as I patted her arm. 

She didn't react...

"Mama! Wake up! Wake up!" I said louder as I continued to pat her arm. "Marmee, please!" I pleaded as I looked at her.

"Eliza, she's gone..." Marmee said through her tears. 

"No, she was awake a few moments ago! She's just sleeping, help me wake her! She can't sleep now!" I yelled back at her. 

Mama still hadn't moved...

I rubbed up and down her arm, "Come on, wake up! Mr. March, do something!" I continued to yell. I refused to believe she was gone, she was just rubbing my hand a few minutes ago, it couldn't have happened so fast. She must have fallen asleep.

"Eliza-" Marmee began to say but I interrupted her. "Someone get her water! She needs to wake up! Mama!" I screamed and began to sob, but they just looked stunned. 

"There is nothing we can do, Eliza. " Mr. March said as he finally spoke up. 

"Why won't you try? She's asleep, she needs to wake up! Help me wake her! Mama! Please!"

"Robert, we need to get her out of here. " Marmee said to Mr. March. 

"No! I can't leave! She will wake up! I need to be here when she wakes!" I hugged her. "Wake up!" 

Marmee walked over to the other side of my mother, tears were flowing down her face. "Eliza, let's go to your room, ok?" She asked as she looked at me. 

"No, I'm not leaving! She could wake up soon! Mama, please! I screamed through my tears, sobs racked my body as I clung to her. Mr. March began to grab me under my arms and he tried to pull me off of her. "No! Stop, she will wake up! She can't leave me!" I continued to scream at them while I clung to her tighter. 

"Eliza, you must let her go. " Marmee told me as she held my hands and attempted to pry them off of her. 

I yelled as Marmee managed to pry my fingers off of her, but I managed to grab the blanket that was on top of my mother. "She will wake up! Why won't you listen to me!" I screamed so loud that I shook with emotion, Marmee looked at me as more tears fell down her face but she continued to pull off my fingers from the blanket.

I had Mr. March's hands under my arms and he was trying to pull me off of my mother while Marmee pried my fingers off of the blanket. Marmee managed to break my fingers free from the blanket but when I tried to grab something else she held my hands in hers. "Eliza, listen to me. I'm so sorry, but we must leave her here to rest. We'll get the doctor shortly." Marmee said as she tried to reason with me but I was so distraught that nothing phased me.