Chapter Ten

*Updated on February 2nd, 2015*

Skylar’s POV:

Kaya texted me earlier, asking if I wanted to go to the hotel after closing up. I, thinking that it would be like the last time where we just talked and had fun, had agreed to come.

BIG mistake.

Luckily, Carli was able to watch Tommy tonight, so I didn’t have to keep track of him around all the guys. I got to the hotel at about nine, and Kaya was there in the lobby, waiting for me. She had a huge smile on her lips, and it was obvious that she was trying not to burst out laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I asked her, now smiling as well.

“You have to see it. I cannot bloody explain to you in words what is happening. Let’s just hope they didn’t stop yet…” She said, dragging me by the arm towards the lift.

The lift came to a stop on the second floor, and Kaya ushered me towards room twenty-three. Thomas’ room.

I could hear screaming and laughter from the other side of the door. I looked at Kaya, eyebrows lowered in confusion. She was grinning, and pulled her phone out before she hit the camera icon on the screen. After switching to video, she pulled open the door.

My eyes grew wide, and I soon looked away as heat began to rise to my cheeks.

WHY.

All of the boys were in the room, shirts off, attacking each other with pillows.

Some of them were obviously drunk, as they repeatedly missed each person they came close to. A few were attacking nothing but air.

There were empty beer cans and bottles scattered about the room. Kaya laughed and walked around in the middle of all the chaos, pointing her camera at someone who was hitting a poster of a baseball player, mistaking him for one of the cast members I’m guessing.

Well, that demonstrates one of the reasons as to why I don’t drink.

I was still stood in the doorway, not wanting to enter the swarm of boys, in fear of getting smacked by a pillow or pushed over.

I watched awkwardly for another minute, and soon had to quickly move to the side as Dylan and Thomas ran out of the room and into the hallway. They continued to assault each other with the pillows, paying no attention to their surroundings. That is, until one pillow flew out of Dylan’s grasp and came in contact with my face.

So much for staying out of the chaos

The surprise of the collision caused me to fall backwards, and onto my rear.

It was just my luck that Kaya was in the doorway, recording the whole thing.

After I gave Thomas and Dylan each a playful glare, I looked to Kaya, who was still laughing at everything.

“Why did you tell me to come here?!” I yell at her, laughing, as I begin to get up off of the floor.

“Oh, come on! This is bloody funny!” She laughed, after finally putting her phone away.

“No, it’s not! You just think it’s funny because you’re as drunk as they are!”

“So? Maybe if you toughened up a bit and had a drink, you’d be having some bloody fun too!” Kaya yelled at me. Her comment surprised me, and even offended me a bit.

She knows why I don’t drink. She knows about my past. About my experiences. She wouldn’t have said that if she was thinking straight.

She’s just drunk. She’s not thinking. I reminded myself as I forced out a fake laugh.