Chapter 2

Since she was a kid, Jungeun dreamt of having a happy and perfect relationship with her ideal partner. An almost fairy tale like, she wanted for their love story. Getting married in middle 20’s, saying I do’s at a beach or garden with flowery set up, Jungeun even listed what she want for her future wedding.

No one can say something about Jungeun’s dream, as everyone wants to have those love stories too. Who wouldn’t, right? Being happily married and watch your little version run with your partner in life, every single human desires that.

Including the tsundere chic Jungeun Kim.

Yet everything changed when she started attending law school in her early age. She was still in her 20 years of existence when she graduated college and decided to pursue her dreams to become a lawyer. Jungeun stopped dreaming about having a partner.

After years of studying and rubbing her nose to the thick books she was reading about law, Jungeun became the valedictorian and to everyone’s expectation, she also topped her bar exam. Being their batch’s top one and perfect scorer, Jungeun got public’s attention, especially rich ones who wanted her to be their company’s defendant.

But to much everyone’s surprise, the young rising attorney of Los Angeles announced the huge news of her being pregnant. The news spread wildly like fire and shocked the people who follow her from the very start of her journey. And that includes her best friend since God knows when, Jiwoo Kim.

Jungeun can still remember how her oh-so-dear friend shoots her with many questions and threats about killing the” guy” who “impregnated” her without introducing himself to Jiwoo. The young lawyer threw the subject away immediately by explaining that she got pregnant by another woman through a treatment (or more on an experiment) that caused the younger Kim to almost faint.

“Jungeun, are you nuts?! Stop telling nonsense and tell me who impregnated you! Did he run away after finding that you’re pregnant? Did he-“ The pregnant woman interrupted her best friend’s screaming by shoving a slice of pizza in Jiwoo’s mouth.

“Stop screaming, Jiwoo. And I’m not telling nonsense nor joking. If you want, we can visit my Ob-Gyn. I’m sure Doctor Jo can explain more and better than what I did earlier.” Jungeun stood up from the couch in their apartment and walked towards the front door but stopped when she felt her best friend didn’t follow her. “So?”

Jiwoo saw her pregnant best friend turned around and raising her eyebrow, it hit the red head that Jungeun was indeed being serious. “…. Fine, just make sure that you’ll list me as your baby’s beautiful god mother.”

“Sure, Wooming.”

͟

“How’s your meeting, Jungie?” Jungeun was greeted by her best friend slash secretary’s concern look and question after she arrived to her law firm building.

After giving birth and months of resting, the young lawyer immediately grabbed the opportunity that one of the biggest companies offered to her, be their lawyer for two years. And in exchange, they will give her everything she wants. So Jungeun asked for a fund that can support her for building her own law firm.

Aside of being in middle class family, she also saved up some fortune for her future when she was still studying and everything paid off successfully. Just like what she planned and dreamt.