Chapter 7

Barging into her best friend’s office, Jiwoo witnesses how Jungeun occupies herself on her laptop. The former knows that the lawyer doesn’t have any work to do that day, and after seeing the author burst out from the room and ignored her godchild, Jiwoo suspects that something happened between the two.

“Jungeun Kim, stop what you are doing right now and tell me what happened.” Jiwoo says in demanding tone. She needs to know what caused Jinsol to leave in hurry while shaking.

Walking around and standing behind the older, the secretary finds Jungeun just playing some kiddy games in her gadget, so she closes it and turns her best friend’s swivel chair around.

Upon seeing the watery eyes and shaking bottom lip of the lawyer, she immediately pulls Jungeun into a hug and comfort her.

No one talk after that, only Jungeun’s sobs surrounds the office and Jiwoo swears that she never seen her best friend cried that hard again after her parents fought and got divorced.

If Jungeun cries that hard, it only means she’s breaking right now. And it scares the younger.

Thinking about the question Jinsol asked to her that morning, it makes Jiwoo wonders about what really happened to the pair.

Both Jungeun and Jinsol like each other, so if one of them confessed then it supposed to be ended well.

But why her best friend is crying hard right now? And why the author left the firm?

Jiwoo rubs Jungeun’s back to calm her down and shows her comfort to the brunette until she stop from sobbing and only weak whimpers can be heard.

“What happened, Jungie?” The red head asks with gentleness in her voice.

She kisses her best friend’s forehead while continuing to rub her back and Jungeun let out a heavy sigh. “We fought-“ Choking from her own tears, the lawyer coughs before she continues, “and she left.”

“Tell me the whole story.” Jiwoo says, making her best friend tells her everything that happened in her office around a half an hour ago. “Ow.” And that’s the only word that Jiwoo lets out after Jungeun finished her story.

The older calms down herself from her own crying, but keeps her grip on Jiwoo’s blouse and she whispers, “I’ve made a mistake, right?”

Well she did. And Jiwoo wants to say that.

But she also knows that her best friend only said those hurtful words towards the author because of her pride and she just pretended to be tough, which Jungeun always do even though she’s too fragile for this world.

“Jungie, I think it was just a misunderstanding. Both of you got too carried away and let out the words that you didn’t mean to say. Maybe you should talk about it with Jinsol. Clear your thoughts and apologize to her. Both of you have your own fault. Make the first move as soon as possible.”

The lawyer stares at the floor for a while after her secretary gave her advice and after a minute, she just shakes her head. “I think we’re both still not okay. I’m not sure if she calmed down already, so I’ll just wait for her to come here.”

“Okay, hun. But if she doesn’t show up herself later or tomorrow, make a move, okay?” Jiwoo pats Jungeun’s back gently before she gives her forehead another kiss and pulls away. “I’ll go and watch Yerim. Take some rest, Jungie.”