13. House Of Black

"What's going on?" Lydia asks as she comes into the common room, hugging dressing gown to herself for warmth.

"Mr Weasley, he's had an... Accident." Hermione says looking worried. "Come, let's go pack. We're leaving early for Christmas." Hermione says, grabbing her arm as she pulls Lydia away from the worried Weasley gang.

"An accident?" Lydia frowns. "I'm sure I can go home instead, mum won't mind the change in plans."

"No. You need to come. I promised no more secrets and there will be no more." Hermione says, grabbing her things. "Mrs Weasley won't mind either. It'll be a nice distraction."

Lydia nods small, still feeling like she should stay home - but one thing she knows is to never mess with Hermione. Never. So, as told, Lydia packs her things for Christmas and heads downstairs carrying her case. Professor McGonagall leads them to one of the many large chimneys in the castle and, one by one, they take their turn.

"Remember, Lydia. Grimmauld Place." The professor says as Lydia takes a handful of the powder.

Lydia repeats it in her head a few times as she takes her place, taking a deep breath. "Grimmauld Place!" She says as clearly as she can. Her body is vaulted through the atmosphere, moments later landing her on her backside in a very cluttered, dusty kitchen.

"You made it!" Hermione says, rushing to help her up.

Lydia dusts her bottom off. "You didn't expect me to?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Harry ended up who knows where his first time, we were a little curious." Molly Weasley says, smiling wide. "You must be Lydia! It's so lovely to meet you!"

"You must be Mrs Weasley. I've heard so much about you, it's lovely to meet you too" Lydia smiles, surprised as the woman hugs her.

Molly holds her at arms length. "You have to share with Hermione and Ginny, I hope that's okay."

Lydia smiles. "Not a problem at all."

Ron and his siblings all look a little frustrated. "Are you going to tell us how dad is or what!?" He demands.

Molly looks up and smiles. "Dad? Oh he's fine. He'll be home in a few days. What a relief!"

Ron narrows his eyes. "So all of this... Was for nothing..."

"At least we get a couple of extra days for Christma...s..." Lydia says slowly, looking over as Harry leaps on the long haired man that comes in.

"Sirius!" He says happily.

Lydia feels her heart clench with fear. "Sirius... Black?" She whispers to Hermione.

"Come on. I'll explain everything." Hermione says, taking her friends hand before pulling her upstairs.

-

"So... You know who really is back?" She frowns.

Hermione nods. "Yes."

"And Sirius Black, the Sirius Black, is on our side?" She asks, seeking further clarity.

"Yes. Jesus, I've told you 5 times this week!" Hermione laughs. "So you can stop glaring at him across the dinner table."

"He creeps me out, okay?" Lydia snaps, angrily slamming her potions book closed.

"He's harmless really." Ginny says, laid on Lydia's bed with her as Hermione stretches across the limited floor space there is since the girls beds take up most of the room.  "Quite funny."

Hermione closes her book and stands. "Come on. Let's go explore - you'll see this place isn't as bad as you think. And wear your sweater - it's a Christmas tradition to wear these as long as we can until Molly is satisfied they were wanted and needed."