chapter 21

emma

its been about a month since I last saw chandler. Darry hasn't let soda go to work because of the recent threat. He hates staying home but he knows its for the best. Darry, Amber, and Dally are really the only ones that leave anymore. Steve doesn't even go to work or school. Nobody really goes to school anymore except rachel cosy and sawyer. Dally goes and picks up everyones work and we do it at home and rachel and cosy take it there for us. I don't know how this all happened we just stopped leaving. I'm sick of it so i'm finally gonna say something. Soon.

soda

I walked in the winston home and it seemed almost lifeless. "hey haz" i said seeing her on the couch. "hi soda. emma is in her room like usual" she smiled sadly. "thanks kiddo" i said and walked to emma's room

"princess you in there?" i knocked . "yeah come in" she said and I went in. "hey pepsi-cola" she said kissing my cheek. "hi mae" i smiled hugging her.
"soda can I talk to you about something, its been bothering me and i need to tell someone" she said.

"of course you can, whats wrong?" i asked pulling her closer to me. " I miss leaving the house. everyone has shut down ever since the day chandler threatened you. We had one fun day and then its like the life in everyone left" she said laying on my shoulder.

"I want things to go back to normal. not completely but somewhat" she said with a crack in her voice. "please say something" she said and i realized she had been waiting for an answer. "whoops sorry. I agree with you everyones lost there touch, even two-bit and we need everyone back if we are gonna get through this" i said kissing her head.

"really?" she sounded so surprised. "yes angel really" i laughed. "thats a new nickname" she laughed. "oh sorry if you dont li-" i said but was cut off " i love it" she giggled and kissed me and we wen out and watched a movie with hazel til everyone got home. then it was time to tell them.

emma

we were on the couch watching a movie with hazel when everyone walked in with burgers from dingo.
"THAT SMELLS AMAZING" i yelled running over. we all laughed and started eating. "hey guys can we talk about something" i said sort of quiet.

"GUYS emmas talking" soda yelled getting there attention. "uhm can we all talk please?" i said. "sure what is it?" amber said. "well uhm soda and i were talking and we both think that we should start leaving the house again" i said awkwardly.

"emma it isn't safe. especially not for you and soda" darry said."darry come on! i'll have steve dally or two come with me everytime i go somehwere. Two-bit stopped making jokes, pony stopped talking about books, johnny stopped talking in all , steve and soda stopped arm wrestling, dal stopped arguing with everyone! We need our damn lives back and that ain't gonna happen if we don't leave the stupid house" i yelled

"she's right you know" johnny said. "well that got ya to talk" pony laughed. "whatever, but i agree everyone lost there touch" johnny said."you're right emma" amber said."wait you agree with me for once?" i said jokingly. "yes emma mae i agree with you" she said.

"well if everyone else wants it i guess we'll slowly go out again" darry said sighing "YES" i shouted and ran over to hug darry "thank you darrel" i said "yeah yeah can we finish eating now i'm still hungry" he laughed. "right sorry" i giggled and sat back down

the next day

finally it was morning and i woke soda up right as i opened my eyes. "SODA GET UP WE CAN LEAVE AGAIN" i yelled and he fell off the bed. "whoopsie sorry pepsi" i said helping him up "its okay princess" he said kissing my cheekm"lets get ready and go to breakfast with dal and hazel!" i said excitedly. "ok go tell them i'll pick out our outfits" he laughed.

30 minutes later

"come on guys!!" i kept yelling and they finally got in the car and we went to dingos. "dal can i sit by the window for once please" i said with puppy eyes "fine but only because i don't wanna argue" he said and soda and hazel sat on the other side. "hi what can i ge- soda?" the waiter said til I realized who it was. sandy.

"wheres the manager?" i asked pissed off. "in the back why" she said annoyed. "i'll be back" i said and walked to the back and knocked. "come in" a high voice said."hi sorry to bother you but i would just like a different waitress" i said nicely "oh sure, whats wrong with the one you have though?" she asked.

"my boyfriends ex that cheated got pregnant left and is apparently back now" i said awkwardly. " i see ill send another to your table" she smiled. "thank you!"i said and went and sat back down, this time i switched hazel spots so i was next to soda.

"you okay sodie?" i asked taking his hand."yeah i'm okay. where'd you go?" he asked "get another waitress" i said. "i see" he said and just squeezed my hand."why the hell do you need another waitress?" sandy said stomping over.

"uhm lets see, you cheated on soda got pregnant left and now your back somehow not pregnant? although its only been what? 6 months?" i said annoyed "why do you care? at least i can get a guy!" she yelled.
I just scoffed "who says i don't have a boyfriend?" i laughed looking at soda.

"me your too ugly and fat anyway!" she yelled. "well it seems to me you haven't been back long because if you had been you'd know that i'm actually dating soda" i smiled and kissed soda.

"BITCH" she yelled and punched me."so are you pregnant or not?" i asked just so i knew if i could punch her."no not anymore" she scoffed so i punched her right in the nose. "what the hell? fine take soda he is a piece of shit anyway and he'll leave you in the end" she yelled and started to walk away but i grabbed her and punched her repeatedly yelling

"NEVER SAY THAT ABOUT HIM YOU"RE THE SLUT THAT CHEATED ON HIM" i kept yelling different things before the manager came out and pulled me off her and fired sandy for beating up a customer. "what happened here?" the manager asked.

"she was insulting my boyfriend and i so i had to do something about it" i shrugged and went to the car. about 5 minutes later the others came to the car. "you okay princess" soda asked as we started driving. "fine i just hate how she insulted you after the way she treated you" i said and laid on his hsoulder.

"its okay mae i love you remember? she doesn't bother me anymore" he said kissing my forehead "great first day back in town huh" me and dallly coincidentally said at the same time we all laughed and went home.

I know i said sandy won't be in the story much but i didn't want it to be chandler so i went with sandy. Stay gold!!<3