seven

"Isn't that Ni-ki?"

"He's back oh my god,"

"Not gonna lie, he glowed up beautifully,"

"Bitch, he's been beautiful!"

Ni-ki mindlessly walked through the familiar school halls, clinging tightly onto his bag strap as he made his way to class.

Stares and whispers surrounded him yet Ni-ki couldn't care less.

"If it isn't your annoying face again,"

Ni-ki halted as he mischievously turned around to face none other than Yang Jungwon.

"Hello dimple boy,"

"If it weren't for your red hair, I would've identified you faster," Jungwon commented before smiling brightly.

Ni-ki giggled before engulfing Jungwon in a brief hug, glad that nothing had changed between them.

"Didn't you graduate already?" Ni-ki curiously asked as he raised a brow at Jungwon.

"Oh, I'm here as an alumni to teach Taekwondo to some of the juniors here," Jungwon responded as he walked alongside Ni-ki.

Ni-ki nodded as he listened to Jungwon ramble about his current job as a waiter like Heeseung and Jay despite wanting to pursue his dream as a choreographer.

Ni-ki mentally took note of each of his friends' wishes and ambitions, hoping he would be able to help them in the near future.

"Anyways, this is your stop! Mister Choi is still annoyingly adorable as ever so please pay attention to his English lessons," Jungwon nagged.

"I will! See you later Won," Ni-ki bowed before heading to his dreaded English lesson.

★彡

"Where's Jungwon now?"

"I don't fucking know Yewon," Sunhee groaned as she tried brushing off the psychotic girl walking alongside her.

"Yah Park Sunhee!"

Yewon yelled as she harshly pulled the collar of Sunhee's blazer back, causing the smaller girl to trip and fall on her back.

Sunhee let out a heavy sigh as she glanced back and forth between Yewon's crazy eyes and her books, which sprawled messily on the floor.

"Yewon, it's been years. Please just fuck of-"

A tight slap across her face was all Sunhee could process in that moment.

Her cheek stung with pain as she felt a tiny trickle of blood roll down her face, knowing all too well that Yewon had scratched her yet again.

"Where is he?"

"I don't know-"

Another loud slap across Sunhee's face echoed throughout the empty corridor.

This time, Sunhee didn't hold back her tears as she shakily looked up at Yewon, who towered over her weak state.

"You ugly shit, where is Jungwon?!" Yewon exclaimed angrily as she grabbed a fistful of Sunhee's hair harshly.

Sunhee meekly shook her head as her eyes stung with tears that continuously rolled down her cheeks.

Shutting her eyes tight, Sunhee anticipated for another painful slap across her face; internally praying for her hurt to stop.

However, she could only feel the grip on her hair loosen as well as the crushing weight of Yewon's body lift up.

For a certain red-head now crouched before her, shielding her frail body away from Yewon's wicked ways.

"You're okay now, please stop crying," the voice of the boy before softly spoke.

Sunhee frowned slightly at the familiar aura surrounding her, with her eyes still closed she couldn't pinpoint who's deep voice it belonged to.

"You can open your eyes, she's gone,"

Sunhee let out a shaky breath before slowly opening her teary eyes, coming face to face with the person before her.

And at that moment, Sunhee felt her heart strike a chord as she let out a soft gasp at who crouched before her.

Likewise, the red-headed boy felt exactly the same after locking eyes with the beautiful face he longed to see.

"Ni-ki?"