"This is Princess Mila." 

I shook her hand and then she stepped aside. 

"Princess Carol." 

Carol? 

Is it just me or does that sound like an old-lady name? 

"Princess Caroline." 

Okay, Carol then Caroline. 

"Princess Candace." 

Why does everyone's name start with a C? 

"And this is Princess Chloe." 

Dude, what the hell? 

"Prince Archer," I introduced myself, giving everyone a small wave. 

"Excuse me," my mother said before leaving us all in awkward silence. No one said anything. 

"Ladies," I cleared my throat. Nobody is going to say anything? Seriously? 

"May I have a word with you, please?" Princess Mila asked. 

I nodded, leading her away from the others. 

"I know that I'm here as an option, as someone you could marry but..." She seemed a little hesitant and I already got the gist of what she was going to say. 

I already know it. "You have someone else in mind?" I asked. 

"Yes," she said quickly. 

"That's all right." 

"I am so sorry, Prince Archer," she spoke in hushed tones. "My parents don't know and when your mother reached out to them, they agreed blindly without asking me. And I'm very lucky that he is a prince. But please, don't pick me." 

"Will you not be going back?" 

She shook her head softly. "I can't. I can only tell my parents once your bride is selected and it... well, it isn't me," she shrugged. 

"Okay," I nodded, nonchalantly. 

"Really? And you won't tell the queen?" 

I shook my head. "Nope." 

"Oh, that was... easier than I thought it would be," she mumbled to herself. 

"Sorry?" I chuckled. 

"No, no, please. Thank you," she let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you," she smiled before excusing herself and going back upstairs. 

Well, one down, four to go. 

Four to go? Until what, Archer? 

I turned back to the other girls who were all staring at me. "Um, would anybody like to ask me anything? Or can I interest anyone in a chat?" I asked, not knowing how else to start up a conversation. 

"I actually have a question," Chloe said. 

I nodded in response. 

"Is it true that you're considering marrying a normal girl and not a princess? A girl from Zariya itself?" 

I don't like her. She seems like a bitch, I'm sorry but she does. 

"Where have you heard that?" 

"I asked a question first," she chuckled. 

See? See what I'm talking about? 

"I am, yes, I am." 

She looked at me in disbelief. "Why on earth would you want that?" 

"Well, the princesses I've met so far don't seem to be that great. I'm sure you understand," I said, shooting her a pointed look. 

She shot me a glare and I smiled, turning to the other three. 

"Would anybody like to go for a drive?" I asked. 

"Prince Archer," Caroline cleared her throat. 

"Yes?" 

"Um, I actually requested for a fitting today. But the other princesses thought sitting in their rooms would be better," she said, rolling her eyes. 

I bit back a smile and listened. 

"Could you please arrange for someone to take me to Cherie? I would really like a dress from them." She seems the most normal out of everyone. 

"Of course," I nodded. "I can take you myself." 

"Thank you," she smiled. 

I led her out, opening the car door for her and then climbing in myself, driving us down to Cherie. 

"May I ask, you have been looking for a bride for six or so months, right? You haven't found anybody yet?" 

I shook my head, "Unfortunately, no. Most princesses that I've met have been like Princess Chloe." 

She chuckled, "That explains it. So, have you been to Cherie before?" 

"Yes, I have. For custom suits and for my mother. They're amazing," I nodded. 

"I've heard. I have a few cousins that have visited here. They loved Mrs. Harrington and her daughter. I have yet to meet them both though." 

"They're both very nice indeed," I agreed. 

"Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't her daughter our age?" 

"Yes," I said slowly. "She is. In fact, I spoke to her just earlier today. May I ask you something, Caroline?" 

"Of course." 

"Your mother wasn't a princess, right?" I really hope she doesn't take this the wrong way but everyone knows from most kingdoms around us that her mother was a normal girl from the kingdom and her father had an affair with her in secret before they got married. 

"Yes, she was a normal girl only dating a prince. That's partly why I'm a little less sophisticated than other princesses. I wasn't raised like that," she shrugged. 

"No, that makes sense. I'm a prince and I hate it, so I'm considerably normal too," I chuckled, parking the car and then turning it off. We entered Cherie and the bell ringed like it always does. We walked over to the counter where Evelyn was sitting, making name cards and sticking them onto bags that were meant to go in the backroom. 

"Prince Archer," she nodded, looking up at me. 

"Ma'am, how can I help you?" she smiled. 

"This is Princess Caroline. She's here to shop and have a fitting," I explained. 

"Of course, would you like me to show you around or would you like to take a look for yourself?" 

"Maybe I'll just look around." 

"All right, please let me know if you need any help, the changing rooms are right that way," Evelyn replied. 

Caroline walked away, looking around the place while I stayed there. 

"Yes?" she chuckled, looking up at me as she stood up, grabbing as many bags as she could, leaving a few behind. 

"Need any help?" I offered. 

"I can't ask you," she shook her head, going into the backroom and coming back out seconds later. "Shouldn't you be accompanying your princess? The future queen?" She glanced at Caroline. 

I smirked, "I am."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 6

she hit the floor

next thing you know

shawty got low low low low low low low low

SHAWTY HAD THEM APPLE BOTTOM JEANS

next chapter: jealousy

ooh