Chapter 3

Beyond the Corona walls
Part-2

"I fought as hard as I could and barely got away alive!" Hookfoot explained.

"Wait, wait. Fought? Fought who?" Raps said, clearly concerned. "Where's Eugene?"

"I'm so sorry." Hookfoot bowed his head. "Eugene, they took him."

Meanwhile.

Crows flew overhead as Lance and Eugene were shoved to their knees in front of a dais with a throne like chair in the middle of it. They grunted and looked at each other before turning and watching Shorty get dumped right next to them and instantly fall asleep and fall over. A large, bearded, Lorax looking man walked slowly down the stairs of the dais.

Lance gulped. "Is that - oh. It's - it's the-"

"Baron!" Eugene interrupted him with a fake smile. "Haha! Long time, no see. I'm glad to see you've set up shop here in Vardaros now. In fact, we were just admiring what you've done with the place."

The Baron sat down on the throne and glared at the two- oops forgot Shorty - three.

"If you would like to keep your tongue." Anthony the Weasel snarled. "I suggest you stop moving it now."
He grabbed Eugene by the collar and raised his fist.

"Anthony, enough!" The Baron called.

The man let go of Eugene and stepped away. Eugene gave him a disgusted glare.

"Quit playing games, Rider." The Baron said. "I've been waiting for this moment. It's time to make amends."

He clasped his hands together.

"For what you did to my Stalyan."

Eugene grimaced. "Oh, right! The Stalyan incident." He looked away for a moment before returning his gaze to the larger man with a smile. "You really should let the whole Stalyan thing go. Come on! I mean, it's ancient history. Let's all just move on."

"Let's not." Growled a female voice.

Lance and Eugene turned around to see a slender, fair skinned woman with long, wavy brown hair and violet eyes. She gave the two a sinister grin.

"Hello, Stalyan." Eugene whimpered.

Stalyan picked up a sack and strutted forward.

"Hello, Rider." She slapped Eugene and gave him a disgusted look. She walked up to the dais and kissed the Baron on the cheek before leaning against him.

In that moment, Shorty decided to wake up.

"I'm so confused." He grumbled. (I know I sure was in that moment. I thought they meant an actual stallion when they said Stalyan😂)

Lance leaned over to Shorty. "Stalyan is the Baron's daughter." He cleared his throat. "And Eugene's ex."

Shorty gasped. "I see!" He then looked confused again. "And who's this Eugene guy?"

Eugene glared at Shorty but ignored him.

"Hey! Stalyan! How are ya?" He paused. "Uh, look, Before you get too upset. I can explain."