This is why [Prototype Failure 1] made (M/n) want to use it. Even with his job, he wouldn't be able to equip anything else anyway. He wondered if this simple dagger could even last long enough.

[You are now the owner of <Prototype Failure 1>]

[You will be unable to use equipment other
than <Prototype Failure 1> until it breaks.]

'I'm going to abuse this until it breaks..' he grinned, liking the feeling of the handle in his grip. He walked around, looking for something to do to earn more experience points.

"Hey you! Wanna join our party?" a random stranger waved at (M/n), looking at him just loitering around. "Brian, isn't that weapon destroyer guy?" the female mage in his party asked, making 'Brian' look at her with doubt.

"He's holding a dagger. So he's probably not him. His clothes look like they're high class too," he smiled, greeting him. "My name is Brian. These are my friends Seren and Cliff," he pointed at his group, the woman named Seren and the tank named Cliff seemed to shy away.

"I'm Sucrose," he introduced himself.

"So.. What'd ya say?" Brian chirped, looking up at (M/n)'s eyes. "Sure," he diverted his vision, nodding his head. Seren sighed in relief, putting her hand on her chest. "That's a relief.."

"We were going to go to a cave to level up, but our damage dealer is unavailable today. Could you do that for us?" Brian explained, feeling positive already.

"You're not a damage dealer Brian?" (M/n) asked, walking behind them with caution. "Nope. I'm actually a healer," he laughed awkwardly in response, rubbing the back of his brown hair. (M/n) felt more at ease, knowing they couldn't possibly harm him.

"Okay I'll enter you into our party for exp sharing. You'll be supported by us too, so don't worry about dying Sucrose!" the party leader, Brian beamed. 'These people are quite eccentric,' (M/n) thought, feeling a bit weird from being called by his username.

Shin Youngwoo (AKA Grid) felt dissapointed that day, walking back to his destination. 'Just when I thought I finally got my hands on some good materials,' he grumbled, recalling how he picked up the gold on the floor. Normal people would've thrown it away too.

'The curse is too much of a debuff.. I'm glad I got rid of it quickly,' he thought, annoyed from the length of time he spent perfecting that blade just for it to be ruined with the debuffs. 'Who would even want a dagger that prevents you from equipping other things?'

[You have entered the Gray Worms' Den.]

"It's quite dark here," Cliff remarked, raising a lamp up. "<Illuminate>," Seren chanted, creating a ball of light overhead— bringing light to the surroundings. (M/n) heard a small squeaking noise from below, putting his hand in front of the group.

"Why did you stop, Sucrose?" Brian asked, not getting an answer. 'Can't he hear that?' (M/n) thought, pointing his dagger to the floor. "Something is coming," he said abruptly, a gray worm at least as large as a golden retriever surfaced.

It had a circular mouth, inside was a deathtrap of fangs and sharp blades; then at the end of it's tail was a spearpoint blade. It hissed like it were a snake, lunging at Sucrose. He put his dagger to hold back it's jaw, falling back as he grabbed it's silver hair.

[You have lost 1 health.]