Chapter 2

Shuhei's P.O.V

        I looked at the paper that my captain gave me and then looked around at my surroundings. I had found myself in the middle of the woods and I was pretty sure that I was in the right area. I started walking through the woods and I didn't sense any spiritual pressure, so I assumed there was nothing around me so far. I started getting a strange feeling and I stopped, I looked around the area but there was nothing around me. At that moment I heard a hollow yell right behind me and I spun around. There was a massive hollow  and it looked like a giant snake with large gorilla arms. The mask on it's face made it look like it had large fangs the size of the average man.

        "How did I not sense it" I started wondering to myself.

        There were several more yells around me and I soon found myself surrounded by hollows of different shapes of sizes.

        "What is this" I started asking to myself as I drew my zanpakuto.

        The first hollow charged from behind me and I could sense it coming. I slashed my sword around as it reached out for me and it's hand went flying. It roared out in pain and I jumped high into the air and came back down slashing down on it. The hollow let out another roar of pain as it disappeared in a flurry of ash. I looked around and it just seemed that the hollows were trying to pile up on him.

        "Now reap" I whispered "Kasashini".

        My zanpakuto changed into it a double edge sword, each one having a curve going in the other direction. A second one appeared in my hand and long chain connected the two together. I had spent years mastering my shikai and I absolutely hated it. The shape was made as if it was meant to reap lives. I launched myself at the hollows and they came at me one after another some trying to come at me three at a time. After a while one of the hollows got smart and grabbed the chain that connected my sword. It pulled me towards it and I came rushing at it. I tried to move so that I would dodge it's hand but it was two fast. It slammed it's fist into me and I yelled out in pain as I fell across the little clearing we were in and slammed into a tree. I slid down and fell onto the ground and soon another hollow grabbed me and threw me at another.

        "Something's not right here" I thought as I flew threw the air "They haven't tried to eat me yet and they just keep throwing me around".

        I got my feet under me and stood still holding on tightly to my blades. The hollows had me completely surrounded and were pilling in front of me. I threw one of my blades at the hollows and it made a hiss as it hit it's mark in the mask of another hollow. The minuet the hollow disappeared another hollow took it's place. I pulled it back and it came soaring back towards me and I caught it in my hand. I took a calming breath and threw myself at the horde of hollows in front of me. The hollows immediately converged on me and I could feel at least three of the hollows grab me all at once. 

        "Damn it" I said through gritted teeth.

        The hollows started tugging trying to get me in one of their hands. One of them started to squeeze harder than the rest and I gritted my teeth to stop myself from yelling out. It yanked me and this time I did scream out as one of the hollows hand fell away but the other was still able to keep his hand on my arm. I yelled in pain as it pulled on my arm and I could feel my arm starting to crack. The hollow that had it's grip on my body gave one more sudden pull and I felt my arm snap as the other hollows hand slipped from my arm and I yelled in pain. My arm hung limply by my side still clutching Kashashini. The hollow that now had it's arm on me swung me around and slammed me into a tree branch. I yelled in pain as my head slammed into the bark and the hollow's hands started to crush my ribs. I coughed and blood flew out of my mouth and landed on the hollows hand. It seemed to put it into a frenzy and it pulled me away. I gritted my teeth and started to swing Kashashini around in a circle and I flew it across the clearing. I pulled it around and it slammed into the hollows wrist. The hollow screamed in pain and it let me go. I slammed into the ground and I coughed again as I felt my bones inside my body move. I felt more blood rise through my throat and dribble out of my mouth. I looked up at the hollows and I saw my vision starting to blur and black dots started to dance in front of my eyes. One of the hollows reached down for me and I closed my eyes ready for the end unable to move. I opened my eyes and the hollows hand had stopped. I looked around and all I saw was long raven black hair in front of me before my eyes fell and I blacked out.

Yuzuki's P.O.V

        I was walking through the forest when I heard the scream of a hollow. I put my hand on my bracelet and it crawled into my hand transforming into my sword. 

        "What's going on" I wondered as I started running for the sound "I heard a hollow but I can't sense it's spiritual pressure".

        I finally found where the hollow was but there was more than one. There were hollows everywhere and they surrounded one hollow in the middle. In his hand was a boy and he was struggling to get away. Suddenly the hollow yelled in pain and dropped the boy. He fell to the ground and didn't move.

        "He needs help" I thought.

        I looked at all the hollows everywhere and I realized I wasn't going to cut them all down with just my sword not even in shikai. I held my sword out in front of me and I whispered to myself.

        "Bankai, Kira Chiya".

        The shadows around the forest started to move and head towards the hollow. They stabbed through hollows on the outside and slowly made their way to the ones on the inside. Just as the hand of the hollows in the center was about to smash down on him I raced over and shadows wrapped around his hand. I looked down at the boy as he glanced at me and then passed out. I recognized the sixty-nine on his cheek and the three scars running down his face and over his right eye. He was the lieutenant of squad nine with Captain Tousen. The hollow in front of me roared and I turned back towards it.

        "I'm sorry, I forgot that you were still here" I said.

        The creature struggled to move and tried to push his hand down. I looked up at it slightly irritated and I could feel the cold expression I was giving it. The hollows around me and the lieutenant had already disappeared and I looked at the creature board.

        "I don't have time for you so it's time for you to die" I said.

        I raised my hand and the shadows started to move towards the hollow. It tried to bat them away but it just stabbed through its hands. It roared in pain and I closed my fist. The shadows started to wrap around the hollow and immediately after words they started to stab at it. The hollow disappeared in a shower of ash and the shadows disappeared as my sword returned back to a bracelet. The dragon wrapped around my wrist and rested it's head down gently. I looked over the lieutenant and he was shaking while he was trying to breath. I knelt down beside him and leaned down to hear his heart. It was slow and faint but it was there. 

        "I'm not very good at healing but I can at least try to ease the pain" I thought.

        I put my hand on his chest and he tensed as he felt the pressure. The familiar green glow emitted from my hands and he coughed as his body started to heal. After a while I  finished administering emergency aid and picked him up. He groaned as his body moved and I shunpoed until I found herself in front of the squad four barracks. I walked up to the front and walked right in. Members looked up and looked at the lieutenant hanging from my shoulders.

        "He had a little problem" I said emotionless.

        Squad four members started running towards us and I handed the lieutenant off to them.

        "What happened" one asked.

        "There was a particularly nasty group of hollows and he had to face them alone".

        The squad four members carried him away and I waited in the front area. After a few hours one of the members came out and told me it was safe to go in. I walked down the hallway and into the room where he was. He was laying on a cot his soul reaper uniform had been removed and now he was wearing only the white under part. He was still unconscious but at least he was breathing easier. I pulled up a chair and I sat down and prepared for the long wait ahead of me.