Chapter 4 ~ Dark secrets

"If you like how i play the piano, oh Lord - he said while shaking his head and hiding a twisted smile.

Again the same embarrassment, I tried to sound natural

"Oh, yeah you have such an amazing talent - I added trying to sound disinterested.

"Well, a talent that you also have and you will discover, that's why I'm here - he laughed.

  Without knowing I trembled, I couldn't control the blood running fast through my veins "talent" he has it and he also want me to have it.  The goosebumps were taking control of my skin when he came close and caressed my cheeks.

"Did you know that you are beautiful, when you blush? - he said looking right at me.

I was totally paralyzed, I didnt know what to say or feel, it felt strange. It's been a really long time since a guy say those things to me. I felt my legs shaking and a cold sweat running through out my whole body.

"Aww, hehe, what if you play something  else? - I said when i could stabilize my breath.

"Mm What if you show me what you've learned? -He suggested

"Me? Yeah, I can try"

I sighed

  I started playing Beethoven 5 symphony,
and I tried to concentrate in the inexplicable feelings of being able to play Beethoven on piano. The anxiety was being transformed in happiness.  I closed my eyes, I'm totally drunk in the melody, Melody which fed my soul.  I stop when I feel Carlos breath and eyes on me.

"You are doing it pretty good, did Vanessa showed you that one?"

"Yeah well to be more specific, this was the first one I learned. I really like Beethoven" I added with a shy smile.

"Well it seems like is going to rain"

"Oh I have to go" I said

  I didn't expected a rainy day plus today looked pretty nice and sunny. Argh I don't have an umbrella, I guess my hair will be a totally mess when I get home.

"Don't you have a umbrella? I can take you home if you want so you don't get sick - he suggested with a warm smile. The weather outside was cold and the clouds were full. I always asked myself how can they keep it for so long? I guess they are like us, there's a moment in which they can't control all they keep inside and they decide to let it go until they don't have nothing more but a rainbow to show.

  Carlos took me home in his car, I didn't really pay attention to it because it was already raining. I was quiet the whole way home.

"Thanks for take the time." I smile

"Well, I guess if we are going to be friends, it wouldn't be a problem spending time, it was my pleasure Avril."

I gasp. It was the first time he said my name, maybe i never took the time to say.."

"Hehe, Don't be surprised. I needed info about you before I started working, by the way is the first time I mention it in front of you."

"What you mean, in front of me? - I asked

I meant I've been talking with your mom and Vanessa about you and the lesson."

"Oh, do you want to pass?

"Oh no, thank you but I need to go, is late, it was nice taking you home, avril. " he said leaving a last smile.

"Yeah, thank you."

When I get home, i can't control the silly smile on myself, I heard Mom's voice on the phone. "Oh no sweetheart, It won't happen again."

The curiosity is eating me from inside, I decide to take the other phone but then it was already late. I felt childish for doing that, I guess she's in love and she will tell me soon or later. I walk directly to my room and after closing the door I pick up my notes and time was the last thing I worried about.

2 days after.

The same guy, this time mom opened the door and went directly to her room. This time I ran after the guy and asked him what the envelope might have, he said "money" or letters.

Who would be giving money to her? Why? And why she hasn't told me about it?

I try to go to her and ask directly but in that moment I heard her talking by the phone, again in suspense.

I rested my back on the white walls, I know is wrong and inappropriate but the curiosity was affecting me already. I needed to know what's going on. After a few seconds she mentioned a name and confirmed the money. I took the kitchen's phone and after what i heard tears started running down my cheeks. I needed to get out of there as fast as possible, I took my converse and my bag. I ran to the hall, it I was earlier, but i needed to think clearly "why"? I sat on the floor and took my pills out. I was so unstable that when I heard Carlos voice i just continued staring at the floor.

"What's wrong? What happened avril? - he asked, there was confusion and a big surprise on his voice.

I wanted to say something but i knew that the words in my head were tangled and my eyes were in waves.

"Avril, talk to me, I'm here." - he whispered

And for a moment I didn't saw anything else but his shoulders, shoulders to break down.     

Coming..
"Why? Why would you do that?"

I hope you guys like it and feel free to comment anything you guys think