𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

MOONY, WORMTAIL, PADFOOT, PRONGS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You're mad!" cried out Ron.

"Ridiculous!" said Hermione faintly.

"Peter Pettigrew is dead!" said Harry, pointing his wand at Sirius. "He killed him twelve years ago!"

"I meant to," Sirius growled, his yellow teeth bared into a nasty snarl, "but little Peter got the better of me. Not this time, though!"

Sirius made a lung for Ron but Lupin was there with a quick, animal-like reflex. Taller and much more agile, the werewolf had an arm wrapped around the Animagus, dragging the crazed man away from Ron.

     "Sirius, NO!" Lupin yelled. "Wait! You can't do it just like that — they need to understand — we've got to explain —"

     "We can explain afterwards!" snarled Sirius, trying to throw Lupin off.

     Tension, once again, rose in the room as Lupin tried his best to hold back Black. Sensing a threat to Ron, Hermione jumped in front of him, wand pointed at the two struggling men. Despite the shaking of her hand and fearful look in her eyes, she stood her ground in protecting the still injured redhead. Even Harry had pushed Iphigenia behind him, his own wand pointed toward where Lupin and Black struggled against each other. The Metamorphmagus merely watching on as her professor and uncle grappled with each other.

     Harry opened his mouth as though to shout another insult or accusation but immediately clenched his jaw shut. There had been a loud creak just outside the room. All heads turned in the door's direction, expecting it to of opened with another visitor behind it. But the eerie silence was all that followed.

"What was that?" asked Hermione in a shaky voice.

"The place is haunted!" Ron shouted.

"It's not," said Lupin in a calm voice, holding Black in an tight arm lock.

Iphigenia's gray eyes were trained onto the door as phantom fingers began to travel down her body. As though directed by them, she turned her body at just the perfect angle that had her facing the door and away from Harry.

Another creaking sound, sounding like that of a footstep just outside the door, and Iphigenia's hand began to lift. Those phantom fingers playing the muscles and tendons of her hand to twist her wand just so...

The wooden door was slammed open and Iphigenia's body moved like a well oiled whip. Her wand pointed toward the door, her hand making a downward slash at the same time she chanted out a charm—

      "Protego!"

      "Expelliarmus!"

All wands flew across the room and into the waiting hands of Severus Snape. His face set in a nasty sneer. Which was quickly wiped off by bewilderment when he noticed the white haired witch that still held her wand, a transparent blue shield dissolving from in front of her.

"How did you —" Snape snarled. But, he was interrupted by Sirius.

"Snivellus?"

Cold, glinting eyes landed on Black. A malicious smile slowly growing on Snape's face. "Ah, vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you."

"Severus —" Lupin began, but Snape overrode him.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping your old friend into the castle. And here's the proof."