Chapter 2

HEYYY I'm back lol and since I saw some ppl telling me to continue this story, I may as well. the reason I wasn't too active was because my charger broke and I had to find a new one, anyway, here's chapter 2
- nerdy

kuvira woke up to her head having a sharp throb in it. she groaned, slowly opening her eyes with a huff. she very slowly sat up, wincing as she felt a guy at her wrists, she glanced down, to see now instead of the pure metal platinum material that was once the handcuffs, it was metal. metal she could bend.
used to be able to bend. she reminded herself, with a frown.

she couldn't believe that the guards were doing this to her. she had lost her bending only yesterday, and they were already teasing her by restricting her hands with the element she formerly was able to bend. if she still has her bending, she could easily bend the cuffs off, with no effort at all. it would've been easy as lifting a finger, but now, she was powerless.
'powerless and useless. just a ball of nonbending misery.'
her brain told her. but she shook her head wildly, there was no way that she was useless. she'd lost her bending. she was now a nonbender. why was she stomping all over herself? there were plenty of powerful nonbenders, like asami, one of avatar korras companions, and baatar jr, he may not have been too physically powerful, but he was strongly intelligent.
she tensed up as she thought of baatar, her old fiance. the one she'd nearly killed, because of her own stupid greed. she shook the thought away again.
maybe they were strong nonbenders, but she wasn't, or at least that's what she thought. she was decent at fighting without bending, but she mostly depended her bending on many things.

it also wasn't just her fighting skills she had lost, it was all her spiritual connections with bending, all the creations with metalbending and earthbending she had made while she was in zaofu....she could never make those again. the thought dug into her like a starved wolf-bat, and she closed her eyes, her muscles tensing up again, as if she was bracing to get hit with a huge impact.

after what seemed like forever, she heard the prison door open,and her eyes snapped wide open, and she quietly murmured. "who's there?...." while keeping her sights locked onto the crack in the door. after a few moments, it opened more, revealing a guard, a tray of food in their hands, along with some water. as soon as she saw it, she was reminded of how dehydrated and hungry she was, and she froze up. they came over and took off her metal handcuffs, so she could eat, and she barely processed it, but she collected herself and tried to be at least a little polite to the guard.
"oh....thanks." she said to the guard as they set the tray in front of her. they nodded, taking a step back.
"ah, before I forget," they suddenly said, putting hands together close to their chest. "after you're finished with your food and drink, you have a visitor." they informed her.
kuvira furrowed her brows. "are you sure you aren't mistaking me for another prisoner?" she questioned, a quizzical look on her face, as she also slightly cocked her head to the side. "I don't think anybody would really want to visit me." she lowered her head, staring to the ground.
"yes, I'm sure. somebody wants to visit you, but the person who told me didn't say specifically who is going to come here...but you'll find out soon enough." the guard responded. "anyway, enjoy your food. I have to carry on with other things." they said, turning to leave the jail cell, shutting the door behind them.

kuvira started to eat her food, a small smile curling up her lips, she was grateful for that guard. happy that they weren't rude, like the other guards...and that she'd finally got food. while taking a sip of her water, her mind wandered, wondering who would want to visit her. su, maybe? no. it couldn't be her. su hated her ever since she left zaofu years ago. perhaps it could be baatar jr, there was a chance he'd forgiven her for almost murdering him. a slim chance, but still a chance. she lightly shrugged to herself as she put her drink back into the tray. she'd have to find out, just like the guard told her.

finishing her food after not too much longer, she pushed it to the corner of the cell. one of the guards would take it out later. now, she could wait for her apparent visitor to come in.
she waited for a few minutes, and the door opened to a person. a familiar person, and her eyes went wide at the sight of them, barely believing that this could be her visitor. why would THEY come here to see her?...

CLIFFHANGER HAHAHA anyway this is the end of this chapter ik it's rlly short I'll try to make the next chapter longer.
you guys can guess who the visitor is in the comments if u want btw
- nerdy