nine

When there was only silence as the two boys stood there, Soobin was still turned away from Yeonjun and the older just looking at him from behind in concern, Soobin took a deep breath, "You knew?"

"I saw it the first day. The day you woke up with it. You were spitting small petals in your sleep."

"Oh."

"Who is it?"

"If you knew why did you pretend not to."

"I thought I had to respect your privacy..."

Soobin walked to his desk and sat down, eyes looking at the older accusingly, in anger, in misery.

"So who is it, Bin?" Yeonjun softly tried again.

"What'll you do by knowing? There's nothing that can help, I'm doomed now."

"Maybe you can get them to fall for you... I'll help you! It's not too hard to work out, it will-"

"Jun."

"If we don't do something about it quick, either make you forget them or have them fall for you, it'll be big trouble."

"Jun, calm down for fuck's sake."

"I can't calm down! We need to work fast!"

"What do you mean? It's not big deal, I can just-"

"What do you mean it's no big deal? You'll die like this!"

"There's nothing else I can do!"

"It's you, whoever this person is, they can just love you back and the problem is solved, you're such an easy person to love anyway! I'll be your wingman."

"No you can't help me with this, it's my problem and if I say it's no big deal then it is no big deal!"

"You'll die!"

"There's nothing that can be done!"

"Just tell me who it is and we'll do our best."

"What do you mean 'we?' What'll you do?"

"I'll help you-"

"You can't help me!"

"Who-"

"IT'S YOU!"

"Me..?"

"Yes, Choi Yeonjun. You."