¤ Prologue ¤

¤  3rd Point of View ¤

(Y/n) had never been the type of person to complain when something didn't go right in her life. Although, there were times in her life where she should have complained, where she should have questioned her fate.
But she could never bring herself to do it.

Life was unfair, everyone knew that. Life was hard, everyone knew that too. So what was the point in complaining about it if it couldn't be changed? At least, that was what she used to believe before a certain man came into her life who flipped her beliefs upside down.

Ryoumen Sukuna.

A man who understood the hardships of life but could never bring himself to accept it. Instead, he fought it. Whether it be to defy the limits of humanity and gain a terrifying amount of power or to keep (Y/n) from death and refuse to allow her weak and fraile human heart be the death of her.

Although the two now have a special connection in which nobody else could understand, there was once a point in their lives in which where Sukuna hated her. In fact, he loathed her.

He hated her morals, beliefs and really just anything that came out out her mouth. She annoyed him to the point where he just wanted to kill her. But most of all...he hated her smile.

He hated how the world could spit on her, use her and throw her but yet she would still have that same smile on her face. He hated how her smile never faded no matter what he said to her. Even if he told her she was weak or disgusting, she would just smile because she always knew that he didn't mean it. And deep down... Sukuna knew that too.

But alas after some time had gone past, Sukuna began to accept (Y/n). He began to get used to her silly antics and her unwavering smile. He began to enjoy her laughter and her presence in general. Sukuna started to let (Y/n) in...because for the first time in a long time he believed that there was a person worth his time...and love.

He fell in love with a girl so naive to her surroundings and yet he couldn't bring himself to hate himself for it. In fact he couldn't have been more proud of himself for choosing the right woman. A woman who not only accepted his hunger for power but also aided him on his journey to become a curse. Even if that mean she would die on the journey.

To really understand this couple, you'd have to see them right at the beginning. During the time that they were both human and during the time where they once had two seperate hearts...

(A.N ~ What did you think of the Prologue? Vote & Comment! Chapter 1 is in progress. The first bits of this story will be their past then we can move onto the present. I will be following the story line but not in complete detail, after all it is a romance book.)