xx. coffee & vanilla scones

Start from the beginning

"so? i usually wake up at like a quarter past three. it's too early for this," george elaborated with a sigh before lying back down and closing his eyes once more.

"you are so lazy. did you know that?" i chimed before grabbing a cushion beside me and throwing a pillow at his face.

i watched him flinch, as george scrunched up his nose and knit his eyebrows together once soft fabric hit his face. "oh? so you want a pillow fight? it's on!" my boyfriend phonated as he opened his eyes and expressed a smirk of competitiveness.

i began to throw my duvet cover off my body and jolt out of bed, but i was too slow. as i flailed my arms up, i saw george sit up from bed and he grabbed the pillow i previously threw at him. before i could comprehend his sudden movement, he smirked at me once more and chucked the white cushion back at me. once the soft cushion hit my stomach, i bent down dramatically to pretend that i was severely wounded whilst playfully glaring back at my boy. instantaneously, i yanked the pillow that i was just resting my head on and i used it as a shield to my advantage. before i knew it, george was throwing all of the four remaining white lined pillows my way. as i continued to block or dodge every throw george performed, smile and laughter filled my bedroom. we were acting like children whilst holding soft, cushioned weapons; treating this pillow fight as a full-fledged war. i watched george's eyes widen out of shock as he began to scan the bed. as his hands ferociously brushed my bedding, i could tell he was looking around the area for any leftover pillows, but he was out of luck.

i grinned ear to ear before scolding, "and the pretty boy has no remaining ammunition... so angel takes the last hit!"

george laughed at my mini speech before i jumped on the bed. nearly pounching on my boyfriend like a cat, i used all my upper body strength to slam the last pillow i was holding over his chest. "okay, okay. you win, love," george stammered between his laughs.

i was laughing with him as i laid on the pillow, since the cushion was the only thing separating me from laying on george's chest. "do i get a prize for winning?" i giggled while fiddling my fingers around the fabric lining of the pillow i was lying on.

"indeed, you do. a million kisses as a prize," george chimed with a smile. i lit up from my trophy and looked up at him before he began planting small and consistent kisses against my forehead.

i began giggling even more to his touch, then my boy wrapped his arms around my neck. "i could stay here and indulge in your kisses forever, my love. but my stomach is telling me otherwise," i complained as i grabbed onto my stomach for emphasis.

george halted from giving me any more pecks before questioning, "why? are you hungry?" i simply nodded my head in response. "then let's get some breakfast," my boy reasoned with a smile.

-time skip-

taking in the london breeze was the cherry on top to my perfect morning with george. with the foggy atmosphere and chilly wind, i felt the light air gust against my face as george and i walked the sidewalk of the london streets. as george had his arm snaked around my waist, we both walked up to a small cafe for breakfast; which was luckily walking distance from my house. my boyfriend let go of my side to perform a slight jog to the café door, opening it for me with a smile. i smiled back at him out of gratitude whilst tucking extra hair behind my ear.

"you are going to adore this café, my love. i basically grew up here," i appealed as i walked through the door frame. before george could reply back to me, we both heard a foreign voice shout my name.

"angel!" a low voice bellowed from across the café.

i darted my eyes to where the sound of my name was coming from, and my focus was diverted to a familiar set of bright blue eyes. "cass!" i beamed as i ran to the cash register.