Loki took advantage of the moment to place a hand against her forehead, immediately feeling with his icy hand how high her temperature was. "You're absolutely not well," he had then resumed.

The girl wrinkled her nose. "Thank you. Without your magic I would never have realised."

"I thought I was the one with the strong sense of humour."

Together they lay down on the bed, Loki shifting the warm blankets so he could cover her. A little high temperature certainly didn't need the intervention of his magical powers, but Loki had other plans in store for that day; Stroking her back, he slowly squinted his eyes and all his energy focused on her.

It was something his mother Frigga had taught him as a child, to make up for all the times he caused some injury to his brother Thor.
She always said that she knew Loki would never cause him any real pain, and that he should learn to take care of the people he cared about, just as Odin and she did with their children.

Clearly, as Loki grew older, he had come to understand that of the two, the only person who truly cared about him was his mother, but that was a detail he didn't want to pay attention to at the moment.

She had taught him pretty much everything he knew about magic. Although neither of them were really allowed to use their powers in everyday life, he and his mother had made this pact. Ever since he was five years old, the two of them had been meeting in the gardens of Asgard's palace to study powers together, learning how to manage and control them.

And of course, healing powers were among them. They were not in Loki's nature, but his mother had taught him everything he needed to know, and he had wasted no time: he perfected his knowledge within months.

The girl who, until a few moments before, had been tense and cramped from the chills and pain she felt in her temples and chest, slowly began to relax her muscles and unwind in his arms.

"Is that better?", Loki had asked, lowering his face in her direction.

She looked up, planting her gaze in his. With her lips folded to one side, her eyes still a little shiny and her cheeks flushed, she nodded softly. At that moment, she appeared more beautiful than ever in Loki's eyes.

***

The idea came from the girl, who was holding his hand as they walked through the park in the middle of the night.

Loki had told her about how he often escaped from the castle and holed up in the forests of Asgard to find some inner peace and quiet, and under the circumstances, she thought it was the right thing to do.

She carried a rucksack under her arm, with a cloth inside and nothing else. All they needed to spend the night together.

"Let's sit here. The trees don't cover the view," she had suggested, pointing to a part of the lawn that was not totally surrounded by trees and allowed the two of them to be able to observe the sky without any problems.

Loki followed her and watched as if he wasn't even part of the scene. He was a spectator. He enjoyed the show as much as he could. Each time he savoured the moments as if it was the only chance he had to watch her do even the most mundane things.

He had learned so much about her as the days passed together. How she turned up her nose when she couldn't understand something, how she played absent-mindedly with the fingers of her hands when she was overthinking, how she tried to stay active even when she was on the verge of a breakdown because she was too tired.

The girl's face was partly illuminated by the moonlight as she spread out the cloth and took her seat, raising her head to look at the stars with a smile on her lips. Loki was silent. He thought.