𝐈. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬

November 6th, 1983

Hawkins, Indiana

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness," Mike Wheeler said as he along with his four best friends, Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson, Will Byers and Christian Harrington sat at a table, playing D&D. "It is almost here." Mike said mysteriously while Chris looked over the board, waiting for what was going to happen.

"What is it?" Will, who sat on one of Chris's sides asked eagerly.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin asked with panic and Will leaned back in defeat. "Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon," Dustin stated as if it was obvious.

"Maybe it's not the Demogorgon?" Chris tried as Dustin gave him a look saying he didn't believe him.

"Chris's right. It's not the Demogorgon." Lucas, who sat on Chris's other side said with certainty.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike exclaimed as he put the figures onto the board.

"Boom! No Demogorgon!" Chris said as he and Lucas high-fived.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin asked, not impressed while Chris chuckled

"Told ya," Lucas chuckled and the others soon followed. But then Mike turned serious and Chris's face fell.

"Oh, no. I don't like that face," He said with a cold but worried face.

"Wait a minute," Mike started softly and Chris and Lucas shared a look. They celebrated too early. "Did you hear that? That... that sound? Boom... boom... Boom!" Mike all the sudden yelled while slamming on the table. While all the boys slightly flinched, Chris sat still with a cold face. "That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that... That came from something else," Mike said and it was quiet for a second. "The Demogorgon!" Mike exclaimed while slamming down the figure and everyone groaned.

"We're in deep shit," Dustin complained and Chris couldn't blame him.

"Will, your action!" Mike yelled at the brunette and Chris looked at his best friend.

"I don't know!" Will exclaimed with panic.

"Fireball him!" Lucas yelled.

"That's one in an 'I don't have the time to calculate chance'!" Chris replied as he kept his eyes on the board, trying to find another solution.

"I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" Will said.

"Chris's right. Too risky. Cast a protection spell." Dustin said.

"Don't be a pussy. Fireball him!" Lucas exclaimed again as Chris ranked his hand through his hair.

"Cast Protection," Dustin stated and Will looked at Chris for help.

"Don't look at me!" He said with panic just as Mike slammed his hands down again.

"The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!" He yelled. "It stomps towards you. Boom!" He added.

"Fireball him!" Lucas yelled with panic.

"Another stomp, boom!" Mike yelled and Chris looked around in panic.

"Cast Protection," Dustin stated not so calmly.

"He roars in anger!" Mike yelled as they all clamoured.