Oh really, I had no fucking clue. 

"All right, just a moment." I spotted Max going into the kitchen and told him the man's ordering, continuing to serve wine. After an hour, dinner was served. Luckily, that had people fixed in their seats. 

I grabbed the chocolates and custards that were included in the desert and started filling up the tray to serve while others cleared up dishes from dinner. I heard the kitchen door slam shut while Max and I filled up the trays. 

"Did you know a bar of chocolate normally contains eight dead insects," I said, putting the last one on the tray. 

"What?" he laughed. 

"Yeah, I'm serious. On average, there are eight bugs in chocolate. Or well, eight insect parts but same difference, you know." 

"Eight?" he asked. 

"I swear." 

"Where the hell did you read this?" 

I opened my mouth to answer but fell into thought. 

Where have I read that? 

We both turned around to leave, freezing in our spots. "Your majesty," he said, bowing his head quickly. 

Prince Archer. 

How is it that I manage to embarrass myself in front of him twice within twenty-four hours? 

"Eight insect parts? That sure is a lot," he said, watching me with amusement. 

I looked down at the tray, my face getting hot. 

"The Wine Brew," he said. 

I looked up at him in confusion. 

"The wine tasting place," he clarified. "They have a board that states eight insect parts are inside of a chocolate. On average. Something about getting more people to taste wine and not chocolate. That must be where you saw it," he smirked, taking one piece of chocolate from my tray. He's not wrong. 

That is where I saw it. "Yeah, you're right. Didn't that place- oh. Sorry, your majesty," I said, shutting up when I realized I was talking like that to the Prince. 

"What is your name?" he asked. 

Everyone in the kitchen froze and was watching. 

"I'm nobody," I said, quickly walking around him and outside, starting to distribute the chocolate and custard from table to table. "What is wrong with you, Evelyn? Why can't you just shut up?" I asked myself, going back into the kitchen with the empty tray. 

Luckily, he was gone. 

God, what the hell happens to me? I glanced at the clock, seeing it was nearly midnight. 

Exactly how long do royal parties last? 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

I was sitting in the kitchen, leaning my head against the wall, feeling beyond exhausted. 

"You've ruined chocolate for me," Max said, sitting beside me. 

"Yeah, well The Wine Brew ruined it for me first, so..." I shrugged, closing my eyes. 

"I never thought royal parties would go past two in the morning," he sighed. 

The food part of the party is long gone. But we are not allowed to leave until the party ends due to safety reasons. Like we will attack people belonging to royalty. This is pathetic. 

I stood up, opening the door, and looking at all the guests. Everyone is having fun, from the looks of it. Music is blasting through the hall, couples are dancing everywhere, skipping around. 

Can't they just be a little more stuck up so that I have more reason to hate them? 

I don't like royalty, I don't like the way royal people behave, and I would never want to be part of it. But right now, I wouldn't mind. 

"Everyone's dancing out there," I groaned, going back to my seat. "And we're here craving sleep." 

Max stood up, sticking his hand out. I grabbed it sleepily, letting him pull me up. He grabbed a paper plate and folded it up, sticking in between the door so it remained open and we could hear the music a little louder. 

"What are we doing?" I laughed. 

He grabbed my hand, spinning me around. "Dancing," he shrugged, grabbing my waist, making both of us groove to the music. 

I smiled, dancing around with him. Everyone else in the kitchen also joined in, dancing alone and with other people. I broke away from Max, both of us dancing on our own. The back door opened and I looked over, seeing a very sleepy Lucas walk in. 

He sighed, turning around to leave but stopped when he saw me. He rubbed his eyes and then walked over to me, and luckily everyone was too busy to notice. "Hi?" he smiled. 

"Hi," I smiled, dancing in a circle around him. 

He grabbed my hand, pulling me against him and putting his hands on my waist while I put mine around his neck. "What are you doing here?" he asked. We linked opposite arms, skipping in circles. 

"My aunt needed extra staff to cater. I came here to help," I explained while smiling as he spun me around before pulling me closer again. 

"Hmm, I get to see you three nights in a row," he grinned, stealing a kiss. 

"Hmm," I chuckled, brushing his hair out of his eyes. 

The music started slowing down and so did our dancing. "The party will end soon. I should go," he mumbled. 

"Okay," I whispered. 

He leaned in, pecking my lips quickly before slipping out. 

I smiled to myself, sitting back in my seat. One of the butlers of the palace came in and told us that we could pack up and start leaving the palace. I stood up with a sigh, packing up a little and once everyone had done that, we left through the back door. 

I filed into the van with the others, leaning my head back and my eyes falling closed. I am extremely exhausted and I don't know how I will work tomorrow. But I'll have to pull through. 

I put my head down on Max's shoulder and he put his head down on mine. I most certainly dozed off after that because Max woke me up when the van stopped. 

"Sleeping beauty. Go home," he laughed, helping me out of the van. 

"Bye, Max," I sang, starting to walk home. 

"Bye," he chuckled. 

I threw my hair up while walking, sighing. 

Fuck royalty.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 3

Is it just me or does anyone else vibe w late night showers?

like taking hot showers at midnight and stuff, yk

next chapter: adored